Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 14, 2024, 11:52:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shall I entrol my son in childcare or.......  (Read 3694 times)
Jiean2004

You can pursue your dreams if you have the courage

Ignore
« on: March 22, 2007, 08:44:38 AM »

Hi,i would be moving to Punggol Field Blk 197 on 31 Mar 2007 stick tongue.

I am in a delimma for my 3 years old son who are currently at one of the hougang childcare under my block. Few options:

a) To entrol my 3yrs old son at Blk 175D Bright Kidz. It would be a 6-7min walk for me. As for my elderly mum, maybe it could take up to 12-15min. The journey would by pass 1 traffic light, 1-2 roads of HDB carparks.If raining, situation could be quite bad.The fee for N1 for working mother is $438 after subsidy.

b) The childcare centre at Priwrinkle Blk 195C(2 min walk from my blk197B) had planned to open on 1st May 07. They are Q-dees.One of their branches are Q-dees Childcare located at Punggol 24th Ave. The fee for N1 for working mother is $650 after subsidy.(if I could recall, their duration are 7am-9pm)

c) My mum said she would take care my son for a month till 1st May when Q-dees open. What if Q-dee prolong their opening date? Furthermore, is also quite tedious for my 67 yrs old mum to look after my active boy. I am also afraid that my son would get use of non childcare day(relax mode) and would have more resistance in due course to place in a new childcare.

d) A half day AM childcare at Bright Kids than swap him over to Q-dees for the month of April 07?

e) A babysitter?

If I opt for option A,it be troublesome and unwise to quit Bright Kid just after a month and move my  son over to Q-Dees at Blk195C. I also do understands that is quite unhealthy to do a quick change of childcare within such a short period....for infants. Envoirnment change is always challenging with many uncertains.

Kindly share your advice here. I would much appreciate and who knows I might get some ideal views. Thanks so much...... waving clapping

Advertisement

Alaska

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2007, 04:59:58 PM »

b) The childcare centre at Priwrinkle Blk 195C(2 min walk from my blk197B) had planned to open on 1st May 07. They are Q-dees.One of their branches are Q-dees Childcare located at Punggol 24th Ave. The fee for N1 for working mother is $650 after subsidy.(if I could recall, their duration are 7am-9pm)

My advise is this option. Unless the fee difference is a problem to you.

I thought it was NTUC? Call up Q-dees whether confirmed or not. It seemed possible to open that date because seems all ready only decorations purposes.
Jiean2004

You can pursue your dreams if you have the courage

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2007, 06:41:06 AM »

Thx,is confirm from Q-dees as I had visited their branch at Punggol 24th ave.
Alaska

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2007, 08:17:07 AM »

wow, they close till 9pm? So they are one of the Childcares which follow the government law at recent announcement, I believe?

Isn't poor child have to see daddy & mummy at 9pm? Cry

Every morning I come out from my house at 6:45am to send my daughter to school. My adjacent neighbour will also come out to send her daughter 3 yrs old downstairs waiting for the Carpe Diem Bus.

Isn't it too early for a 3 yr old girl?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: