Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 06, 2024, 05:10:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Screaming Child  (Read 7200 times)
PowerPuffGirl

My Precious Love

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2006, 06:57:59 AM »

hahaha, ya la, nowadays kids smarter than their parents.....really give up and shake my head!! at least yours still scared of one person, my son only scared of his teacher and thunder.....as for us, sigh...got to stand one corner.
Time to show him the color b4 too late.

Advertisement

hurricane

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2006, 07:13:49 AM »

ya i know, but still can't seem to get thru to him somehow. like they say, kids have a master degree in stubborness!!! Now whenever he is stubborn i get more stubborn then him, this way, i managed to stand on my ground..sometimes only....how else to tell him tat he's not in charge and we are???
PowerPuffGirl

My Precious Love

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2006, 09:33:11 AM »

If u believe in rattan, it will be the hit till u break philosophy but think tis wont work any more in the current age. We wont want to instill fear into children for nothing.

Perhaps u want to observe how u can make him very unhappy when he is naughty. Taking away the favorite toy? Dun give him his favorite food? Or reward him his favorite food for a gd behavior etc. U observe and act accordingly lor..There muz be something tat he feared. I cant give gd advice cos my son hasn't turned into toddler hood. These are all tat I read from books.
Alaska

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2006, 05:01:06 PM »

questions:

1. Do you punish him immediately or you just talk and no action?
e.g you may threaten him 'later i beat you hah'....but do you actually beat him later?

If the answer is No, this could be the reason that the child is climbing over yr head.

2. It is good to implement the same frequency between yr husband and youself. Make an agreement who will be the 'black' and 'white' face. Make sure the 'white' one doesn't interuppt when the 'black' is disciplining the child.

3. Have you find out the reason why the child starts to scream?
Does he scream for nothing? or for something?
Which particular part of the day, he usually scream? After wake up or before lunch, or nap time, etc?

4. How is his attention span?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: