Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
April 28, 2024, 09:44:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Primary one Preparatory lessons  (Read 1904 times)
aloha

Ignore
« on: November 16, 2012, 10:19:35 AM »

I am a current primary school teacher.
I have been teaching the lower primary for the past 6 years.

I am keen to conduct Pri.1 preparatory lesson for the children entering Pri.1 in the next 1 or 2 years.

Due to the changes in the recent years, primary one student goes through a series of holistic and bite-sized assessments.

Holistic assessments may include the following important components:
•   Show and Tell
•   Phonics identification
•   Sight words reading
•   Writing
•   Comprehension

Bite-sized assessments are a series of min-assignments to be conducted over a short period of time, in the span of a few days.

In my lessons, I will approach all the components and prepare the children on what to expect and how to excel in these components.

For an example: Show and Tell
Teachers grade their students based on a set of rubrics. I will use these rubrics to show the children what is expected of them and how to perform an interesting show and tell.

I will provide flashcards for parents to practice sight words with their children after each lesson.

I will also look at preparing the children for the mathematical skills which they should have so as to enhance the learning experience in primary one.
I will use manipulative to engage them in their learning. These learning tools are also used in the school classrooms.

Lesson will be held once a week for an hour. The group size will be kept under 6 students.
I do not have a venue for my lessons as I do not have an extra study room in my home. As such, I am offering a rebate to parent who is willingly to provide an appropriate place for our lessons.

For enquires, please email me at charterflight@hotmail.com.

Thank you.

Advertisement

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: