Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 24, 2024, 08:40:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PHONICS TRAINING COURSE FOR MUMMIES  (Read 3603 times)
Jann Phonics

Ignore
« on: May 07, 2013, 05:39:40 AM »

I'M PLEASED TO OFFER 'BUNDLE PROMOTION WITH SIMPLY HOME COOK DEMO CLASS & NEXT STUDIO PHOTOGRAPHY' -

PHONICS TRAINING COURSE FOR MUMMIES DETAILS:-
===========================================

- 6 Session Training Course, about 2.5 to 3 hours each session
- Once a week only
- Course Fee: $360/- (including Lesson Plans & Fully Prepared Crafts & Materials)
- Basic Phonics Book and CD to be purchased at $25/set
- Payment for confirmation : $85/- (First session and Basic Phonics Set) to pay in advance via Bank Transfer.

- Subsequent Payment Mode (1): One-Session Advance Payment in Cash over 5 sessions i.e $60/- after each training (only if you wish to continue). No make-up class entitlement

- Subsequent Payment Mode (2): Full payment after first session (only if you wish to continue). Make-up class entitlement to join any on-going classes for lessons missed until completion of all the session.

- Optional purchase : Intermediate Phonics Book and CD at $28/- (not compulsory to buy)
- Optional purchase : ‘a’ to ‘z’ Alphabet Feely Cards with feely materials at $30/set (not compulsory to buy)
- Optional purchase : Extra craftset from 'a' to 'z' (about 60 pcs) at $180/set (not compulsory to buy. More for sibling or repeat teaching)

- Location: Blk 354, Admiralty Drive (less than 5 min walk from Sembawang MRT)[/b]

Fanpage: https://www.facebook.com/PhonicsTrainingCourseForMummies?ref=hl
Email: jann@hotmail.sg / jannalin_mrc@hotmail.com
HP: 9734 2234 (Jann)

PROMOTION BY SIMPLY HOME COOK:-
- $10/- OFF WHEN SIGN UP FOR COOKING CLASS.
Fanpage: https://www.facebook.com/SimplyHomeCook?ref=ts&fref=ts
HP: 9789 3264 (Wendy)

PROMOTION BY NEXT STUDIO:-
$80 Indoor Studio Shoot*
- 30 mins Studio Shoot
- 5 High Resolution Softcopy given + One 5R Hardcopy Picture
- Up to 4 pax
- Valid till 30th June 2013
Fanpage: http://www.facebook.com/nextstudio.sg
HP: 9229 3926 (Brian)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 05:49:50 AM by Jann Phonics » Logged

Advertisement

Jann Phonics

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 05:43:00 AM »

I'm an experienced pre-school teacher now SAHM. My kids are both 6 and 10 yrs old. I started doing playgroup style cum phonics teaching with them when they were 2 to 3 yrs old. Both started reading elementary books and able to spell many words by age 3 and both started writing stories by age 5.

Many parents sent their kids to phonics at the age of 4 and some kids at age 5 still unable to spell or read well. In fact, once a week phonics class is not enough. At least twice a week to reinforce the phonics learnt is more effective. Giving preschoolers early exposure to phonics with effective material and fun lesson plan is beneficial. My girl loves reading and without tuition and the need to do assessment book, she's the top scorer for English in P1. Her strong English foundation would not be possible if I did not expose her to phonics at an early age. There are many phonics material sold in bookstores and internet but many are not interesting. The one I have is used by a popular playgroup and my 2 kids love it and listen to it many times which shows that the phonics material used is effective. The phonics prompting strategy in the training has helped many parents to teach their kids spell words easily and effectively.

For children below 5 yrs old, regardless of whether they attend school, it is beneficial to teach them phonics yourself. Children can learn well in home environment if you know how to teach them in a stress-free and effective way. Thus, I have started a training course to Mummies who wants to teach phonics to their kids in an effective fun way themselves. The phonics session you do with your child will also comprise of letter introduction, phonics sound, words, craft, songs and rhymes. It’s an all rounded fun lesson for your child and he will definitely learn one thing or another. It’s also good bonding time with your child and for those with siblings, it’s even better and fun to do it together. Detailed lesson plans, songs with lyrics and craft materials will be included. You will be taught hand actions on songs and phonics rhymes and art and craft to make the teaching meaningful. The basic phonics comprise of consonants and vowels, suitable to teach kids upto 5 yrs old.

In every session, besides learning how to teach your child phonics using letter theme teaching, effective and practical tips to encourage spelling (using basic phonics to spell short and long words by prompting), reading, writing and many areas of learning will be shared.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 05:49:16 AM by Jann Phonics » Logged
Jann Phonics

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 05:44:15 AM »

In the first session I'll be doing a short introduction, maximising children learning progress, tips on how to guide your child to recognise letters and spell through memory using various resources and after that go through the teaching of letter 'a'. These tips are very helpful as it is how my kids picked up good spelling and reading skills. In subsequent sessions, you will be taught how to teach from letter ‘b’ to ‘z’ (2 activities and craftwork per letter) and will be given the detailed lesson plans, song lists, prepared craft work and material. You will get to practise phonics prompting to teach your child spell easily. After each training session, I will share tips on how to use home environment and resources to help your child learn in different areas. At home, you are supposed to teach your child one letter per week depending on the age of your child.

This phonics training is not just learning the sounds of the letters. It will be meaningless if you don't have an all-rounded lesson plan to support it to make it interesting. With the prepared materials, you just need to do some touch up on the craft, follow the lesson plan, execute it and if done well, a meaningful lesson will entice your kids (cannot be just listening to phonics and worksheets at this young age, it's simply too boring). Not only will they learn phonics but concurrently picking up words as you link it, enjoying the activity and will look forward to it. During the half year to a year of teaching your child from a to z, reading books to them and with them is the second essential stage to have reading foundation. That's why I want to share all that I went through with my kids on successful reading with the mummies.

Effective phonics CD set is very important. Usually kids won't pick up much in playgroup as the group is too big and parents at home are not able to reinforce the phonics taught without the CD and book. My son now 5 cannot remember the phonics he learnt in PCF but can remember clearly every rhymes and songs I taught in this very good phonics set called - "Phonics Songs and Rhymes. It's rhyme is catchy and the phonics song is short, sweet and can relate. But by listening can be meaningless coz kids need to link it with activities that introduce words that relates to the phonics for eg. after phonics 'a' sound, we introduce a for apple (picture), then introduce the word (a-p-p-l-e), then do craft activity, sing song and rhymes or games all relating to apple. Teaching this way will allow kids to interlink phonics and words and definitely learn one thing or another. So in this course, you will be taught the songs to sing, action to do, what games to play, how to do the craftwork etc.

In this course, not only will you learn phonics to teach your child but also how to APPLY the phonics sounds effectively so that you child will learn how to spell easily. When we are a able to reinforce phonics with reading and when we can prompt our kids in any day to day situation how to spell, they will pick up very fast. Once a child is able to spell and read, we need to keep reading with them and help them sustain the reading interest by offering a variety of books which will further enhance his English language. Thus, the selection of books for our kids to read is the next major important step to successful reading.

I understand that some mummies had reservations about my course. That's why after the first session, you pay ONLY if you want to continue the next session. Of course, it's good to complete all sessions so that you can complete the whole series of teaching 'a' to 'z'. I really hope parents can learn through this course and teach their children themselves effectively. It's great bonding time with the children too, doing things together. I believe this will benefit your child just as it has benefitted mine :-)

You can also email me at jann@hotmail.sg or jannalin_mrc@hotmail.com or hp 9734 2234 if you have any other concerns.

Phonics Training Course Facebook fanpage (for updated training schedule & testimonies):-
https://www.facebook.com/PhonicsTrainingCourseForMummies?ref=hl
Jann Phonics

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2013, 05:46:21 AM »

LESSON DETAILS & PHONICS TEACHING FOR THE 6 SESSIONS:-

SESSION 1 = Lesson Plan Letter 'a' (each letter has 2 lesson plans eg. 'a'-ant, 'a'-apple)
Note: Words taught in lesson plan varies from short to long words eg. crocodile, vegetables
Sharing Topic - Home Teaching Resources
You will learn how to teach your child recognise alphabet and memory spell from 2 yrs old onwards and introduction of basic phonics sound. You will learn how to assess your child's letter and phonics understanding.

SESSION 2 = Lesson Plan Letter 'b to f'
Sharing Topic : Phonics Prompting (Phonics to spell) & Lesson plan teaching
You will understand that each letter has more than one phonics sound and how to change vowel sound (a,e,i,o,u) on different words. You will understand how phonics prompting technique can help 3 plus to 6 yrs old blend sounds to spell short and long words (eg. kite, kangaroo).
Phonics: We will start practising phonics prompting on 3 letter words (eg. jam, cat, van)

SESSION 3 = Lesson Plan Letter 'g to k'
Sharing Topic: Creativity, Meaningful Learning & Fun Play
You will learn how to encourage creative story ideas, how to allow your kids to learn independently and develop creative mind. You will understand that children need different types of playing resources to fully develop their creativity.
Phonics Prompting Practise: 3 to 6 letter words (eg. cake, table, grapes) and how to teach double vowel words (eg. bear, goat).

SESSION 4 = Lesson Plan Letter 'l to p'
Sharing : Writing
You will learn how to teach kids below 3 plus to write alphabet and how to encourage 4 to 6 yrs old child to write not only school work but ideas and stories that they have with their imaginative mind.
Phonics Prompting Practise: Double Syllabus words (eg. donkey, kettle) and words with Diagraphs i.e ch, sh, ph etc (eg. chair, shine, telephone)

SESSION 5 = Lesson Plan Letter 'q to u'
Sharing : Learning Maths & Chinese
You will learn how to use simple ways to teach Maths and effective ways to read and write Chinese characters that doesn't stress both you and your child.
Phonics Prompting Practise: Double Syllabus words and words that contain special sound i.e ck, ce, tion, sion etc (eg. duck, truck, ice-cream, education, vision)

SESSION 6 = Lesson Plan Letter 'v to z'
Sharing: Reading
You will learn that there are different stages to guide your child towards independent reading and how to teach children memory read from 3 to 6 yrs old. Types of books to introduce and how to entice children not only listen to the story but also look at the words when reading.
Phonics Prompting Practise: 3 to 5 syllabus words (aeroplane, caterpillar, vegetables, hippopotamus etc) and Maths words (colours, shapes, numbers, days of the week, months of the year).
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: