Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 16, 2024, 11:30:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PART TIME MAID - China \ Local.  (Read 27358 times)
daiso

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2007, 11:25:03 AM »

Hi,
How old is Ah Fang?

She's 39 I think. I know her rate is $10/hr now and her schedule is rather full. I have stopped engaging her service since I've got a full-time helper. Before my maid came, I started paying her $40 for 4 hours. I increased on my own accord because she really deserves that rate. You may contact her to see if you could take over my time-slot.

will the cleaners take things that are not hers? Like our coins or money lying around?

Advertisement

punggolow

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2007, 12:39:08 AM »

It all depends on their integrity. I know I can trust Ah Fang. There are times I left her to finish up and lock my door when I had errands to run. But of course, I don't leave money around for her to pocket though my wallet and handphone are just lying on the table.
graceapple

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2007, 01:29:27 AM »

My part-time is Ah Fang (94351568) from China - $8/hr. She comes to Punggol on Tues for 3 families. She usually brings another friend along so that work is done in 2 hrs. She has been with me for almost 2 yrs already.

She's the 4th one I have - terminated 2 local ones (realised to my horror that I am actually a fussy employer) and the 3rd from China had to go back to take care of her ailing father. This is a special one and we still keep in touch, by phone. She used to bug her husband on his off days to make dumplings for my family.

If you are keen to try Ah Fang, just let her know that you've got her contact from "Liu Tai" in Punggol.

Hi Punggolow,
Do you engage her during weekend or weekday?
Does she hand wash clothes or just machine wash?
mind sharing what is the list of task require for her to do weekly ?
Does she limit the # of clothes to iron? I understand some do limit to 10pcs only.
punggolow

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2007, 11:57:02 AM »

I'm a SAHM, so I prefer and they also prefer a weekday. She does the basic vacuum, mopping of floor, wash the toilets, dusting and ironing. Once a mth, she will rotate and clean the windows and grills, fans, curtains if you request. She also changes my bedsheets each week. Ironing really takes up a lot of time, if not enough time, usually 4 hrs each session, I tell her which ones no need to iron. I do my own washing. I think she may be full and her rate has increased to $10/hr, $40 each time for 4 hrs. She hand washes the rugs and floor mats. I also got her to wash my kids school shoes. You can ask them to do anything, so long it is reasonable and you pay for the time needed. At one time, I wanted her to cook for me. She also helped me seal up the gaps on the cracking walls (I showed her how to do that) when I embarked on painting the whole house.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: