Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 05, 2024, 12:18:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Motivational Stimulation - Assisting your Youth Child to Find Direction in Life  (Read 1454 times)
cyj

Ignore
« on: February 22, 2008, 01:56:50 AM »

Motivational Stimulation - Assisting your Youth Child to Find Direction in Life
[/b]

In a Singapore survey done last year 2007, it was found that 1 in 5 primary children had been victimised in bullying cases. And 1 in 4 secondary school students bullied. In this developmental life stage, it may cause impairment to their outlook in early life.

Despite more groups in place to help, suicide rate for young has not fallen. Among suicides aged between 10 and 24 from 2000 to 2004, a good 46.5% left notes. Psychiatrists said these notes are getting longer and more expressive, young people want others to understand why they are doing the things they do, to justify their actions to family and friends.

A report on 12 March’07 found that 1 in 4 teens and young adults could face mental problems. A stressful society is where we are living in and many find it a struggle to excel and find direction in life. How many times have you heard your young saying:
“I don’t know what to do”… “Anything…Whatever”

In today’s Survivor World, they need a motivation and someone who can truly inspire them in a personalized manner as all of us are individuals with different thinking.

A tweak of the mind’s concept and beliefs system can actually empower a youth to refocus on what they truly want out of life and their goals forward. I provide this service at the place of your convenience like at home or at a park. It is in my profession to bring the best out of a youth through a devised psychological way of communication. Therefore, it is an opportunity for them to interact with me in a comfortable setting that they are familiar with. As parents, you are most welcome to join in along the session.

At the end of the mental stimulation session(s), they should have a better understanding of what they want in life and seek a realistic goal. They will be able to have a better grasp of self-confidence, responsibility, self-esteem and acceptance to their benefit.

In the local context, the average fee charged for an hour counselling is between $35 to $120. However, the service provided is not counselling, it is more of a motivational chat to better discover the potential of a child. I am doing this on a personal basis to help the young; therefore $30 is the rate for an hour. My commitment to you is that it is fully refundable on the first session should you not be satisfied.

Some key information about me in this arena is that I am in my youthful years and can better relate with the young. I study psychology-counselling and am currently an entrepreneur who picked myself up no matter how badly I had fallen in the past. During my adolescent years, martial arts had built character strength in me both physically and mentally. As part of my National Service, I was selected and endured through the most challenging NS cycle in the Special Force- 1st Commando Battalion. Only the mentally toughest survived. And this is just one of the many ways which I hope will personally inspire and motivate the young.

I can be contacted at cyj.jerry@gmail.com and we can discuss further on any issues that you or your young are encountering in present times. Kindly email me with the subject header “Mental Stimulation for the Young”. I look forward to hearing from you.

Advertisement

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: