Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 17, 2024, 04:43:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for Weekends Programmes for 2yr olds?  (Read 8446 times)
beanie976

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2007, 12:53:25 AM »

er... pardon my ignorance  Roll Eyes ... still very new to the pre-school scene.  What's MMI?  Is it Modern Montessori?

Tumbletots have 2 different types of curriculum. One mainly for balancing and movements on weekends. This is called tumbletots. The one I was looking at is held 5 days a week on weekdays. This includes lessons on arts and craft, storytelling, mandarin, etc.

I have a nanny during the day to look after my kid. Don't want to make her travel too far. So the school will have to be around the vacinity of nanny's place  Undecided

Pat's school charges around the same as the RC!  amazing... what a difference location can do.  The Pat's school near my office charges more then double the amount!!  At least that was what my colleague told me lar.... hmmm.. maybe it was for a different curriculum  Tongue

wah... navigating through the different pre-school types is like going through a maze! Any guidebook or article where we can get more info?

Advertisement

sleepingfish

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2007, 01:12:29 AM »

the only 'officially' guidebook will be from MOE...i guess....but i feel tat for pre-school....it's more on the parents,  wat we want our kids to be.....to be able  to speak 3 lanugages before P1, to be able to know some musical instruments before P1 or pick up any sports before P1....it's all in our own mind....yes, i would like my son to be able to do this and tat before he goes to P1 (he's only 2.5 yrs old now) .....but, so far, am only thinking...no action taken...... Cry

maybe should start him on in-line skating.....swimming ? korean lanugage? drama class ?  Huh?
Alaska

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2007, 03:49:21 AM »

no guide rule what. Depends on parents what you are projecting yr children to be lor.....

To be happy, go, lucky .......no one is stopping.
To be Kia Su......................no one is stopping.
To be an introvert...............no one is stopping.
to be an extrovert...............no one is stopping.
to be equip with everything...no one is stopping.
beanie976

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2007, 12:47:20 AM »

sheesh... what reactions for asking a simple question   Shocked

The guide list I was looking for was a list of pre-schools around each neighbourhood and what kind of classes they offer, ie, Full/half-day childcare or playgroup or both, etc.

I can understand that there are many KS parents around but there are also lots of new parents who would like to understand what options there are for their kids. 

Initially, I was looking at childcare instead of playgroups cos' I didn't know the difference.  It's a slow process to understand all the jargon  Huh?

For all those who are totally lost still, here's a list of childcare centres from MCD
http://app.mcys.gov.sg/web/serv_dss_disability_main.asp?Services_Id=4&szMod=serv&szSubMod=child

For those who are aware of playgroups (weekdays/weekends) around punggol, pls let me know where it is and any feedback about the centre cos' I'm still looking for one  smile

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: