Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 07, 2024, 05:31:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Learning Vision Blk 128D  (Read 5986 times)
yang

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2007, 10:30:11 PM »

Hi lobulma, vios484 and other parents,

I need some feedback on LV Blk 128. Can pm me at 88alicia@gmail.com? Thanks so much.

Advertisement

Claydol

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2007, 02:56:53 AM »

Yang,

My child is not with LV Blk 128D, but with LV Blk 201D. I have heard good things about Blk 128D and would have enrolled my son there but did not because of convenience as I live at Blk 201B. My colleague's children are with Blk 128D and I must say that both centres are very good and personable in their service.

My child has been with Blk 201D since 2005 and he's doing very well now. Going to K1 next year. I'm very confident that he will be well prepared for P1. Just to share with you - my colleague is selling her flat next year and moving out of Punggol. But she has no intention to withdraw her children from Blk 128D despite the longer journey communting.

I hope you don't get offended but I find you very insecure. Going around asking for feedback on the centre so many times despite some parents already sharing with you. What is your concern exactly? Is your child already at the school and you're not happy? Or he hasn't joined yet and you're already feeling so insecure? Why not you speak with the centre staff and let them assuage your concerns?

I'm speaking up for them because I'm happy with the service and very involved in my child's learning at school. I'm also an ad-hoc PSG member. I feel that every organisation deserves a chance. If you haven't even joined yet and already so panicky, how is your child going to settle? How are you going to build a relationship with his teachers??
Elsa

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2007, 03:45:17 AM »

Claydol, I agree with you. While the forum is one avenue of obtaining feedback, it may not always be the best or most reliable. Everybody has different background and expectations. What is excellent for 'A' may just be moderate for 'B'. Also, a particular situation may cause 'A' unhappiness, only to be shrugged off by 'B'. As I mentioned, different people react differently.

Yang, my advice is for you to visit the centre or speak with the staff. No point putting up post afer post to garner feedback this way. If you want to know something, go to the source since this forum has not yielded much.

Having said that, I can share my own feedback about Blk 128D as my child graduated from its K2 last year. He joined the centre's toddler class since its opening in 2003. He's just completed his P1 and is on school holiday now. Thanks to their curriculum implementation and caring teachers, my son did very well for his final exams. I was very pleasantly surprised because he had always been inattentive and careless during his preschool days.

Little did I know that LV teachers managed to turn his 'inattention' and 'carelessness' into strong lifelong attributes! They made him monitor of the class, help weaker students with their reading, help put away books / toys or generally helping the teachers out. This gave vent to his excess energy and developed his self-help skills and attention to details. He had to know which toy box went to which slot, etc...He secretly told me he actually enjoyed doing all these as they made him feel special.

Just last month, his P1 teacher shared with me that my son is very independent, helpful and meticulous! Talk about surprises. Sometimes what our children learn at childcare is not immediately evident to us on a day-to-day basis. It's only when they move onto the next level or take on further challenges that these attributes emerge.

As I've always said, how a parent perceives a childcare centre is what he / she puts into it. There will definitely be instances when communication and clarifications are required, you might want to approach your child's teacher with an open-mind. Very often, it will be something that's easily explainable and an understanding attained once you communicate. That's when build your relationship by working with your child's teachers. Don't go in with the mindset that 'I'm-the-paying-customer-and-I'm-always-right'. No one is always right. It's important to let your child's teachers see you as a parent who willing to work with them towards your child's growth.

Ultimately, it's our children who benefit most when we enjoy good working relationship with their teachers at every level, be it preschool, primary, secondary or even higher. I should know. I'm a JC teacher and I enjoy pretty good working relationships with some of my students and their parents.

lobulma

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2007, 11:59:08 PM »

waving hi yang

sorry for my late reply  stick tongue so far i find the teachers and principal at 128D thumbs up and i m happy with them. but i think you will need to go and explore explore abit lor... b4 i settled for tis cc, i also as and when pop over to peep peep or stand outside listen listen what teacher talk to the kiddos.... then i also went to visit the centre and speak to the principal and teacher and base on my feel + the convenience, i decided to put him there Wink
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: