Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 05, 2024, 08:05:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Freelance Confinement Nanny!!!!  (Read 5248 times)
truebliss

Ignore
« on: November 27, 2006, 02:06:13 AM »

[/b

Hi all mothers to be....

Juz to share my story here...Beware of all freelance confinement nanny  Cry My best frd Jenn and I had EDD on the same month (Sept 06). We hired a confinement nanny too. She hired a confinement nanny based on recommendations thru friend and relatives and I acquire the services of Bliss agency (Domestic and Care Svcs)from this agent Doreen (HP:81596272)  thumbs up Both of us paid deposit 4mths advance to book the nannies. On the date of her delivery (2nd Sep), that freelance nanny disappeared! When she called her up, she mentioned someone's paying her a higher rate and decides not to undertake her assignment!!! I'm so angry and demanded the deposit of $200 back from her but she had switched off her HP!!!   mad head banging

My frd was angry also weak fr her delivery. I called up my agent Doreen for help....She suggested that I let her have my confinement nanny 1st and she'll look another one for me. As my EDD is on the 18th, I could afford to wait but not Jenn... I agree. So the next day she brought with her the confinement nanny for Jenn... I was sort of feeling reluctant(b'cos my EDD is near too) but my heart knows that I need to help Jenn to survive the crisis. I can't imagine her undergoing the period without help of confinement lady, who will take care of the BB (day n ngt)? who will do the household chores, who will help her to bathe and clean up? Who will do the confinement meals? Although Jenn had her mother with her, her mother is nearly 57++ How can she cope! Till now I'm still angry though... Juz to sound the warning to all mother-to-be....Selecting a nanny based on this criterion (Freelance CL) can indeed turned out to be very costly and stressful. Undecided

Atlas, as my EDD is getting nearer... Doreen (agent) called up to inform me that she has found a confinement nanny for me :> She indeed has integrity....and I am also very relieved too.   clapping

I've also heard of IF stories other mothers-to-be who had engageded the services of freelance nannies, half way through your confinement, they will:

she fall sick.
she leave because of ‘personal’ reasons.
she suddenly ‘walk off’ due to some ‘self-made’ excuses.
you found out that she really have a ‘BIG’ attitude problem.
ask you for a loan.
starts quarreling with your other family members.
you found out that she smokes in the room with the baby.

Others mummy also felt that freelance nannies are domineering and will do what they feel is ‘right’. This is because her feeling of ‘If I were to leave now, no one can take care of you and your baby’ or ‘You solely depend on me, so I can do what I like’.  angry

These are actual real life situation.

Advertisement

nat.mum

In Tune Massage Therapy

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2006, 08:57:07 AM »

wow that sure does sound scary... to me i dont really believe in the principal of paying in advance.
its like the other party has to show how comitted they are to their service and how good they are 1st at it, instead of us comitting to uncertainty angry... how is your friend  doing now?

senses, the keys to healing from within.
truebliss

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2006, 11:37:46 PM »

Thanks Natmum appreciate yr concern for my frd....  waving She's has rendered help from the agent i engaged, I'm amazed they are able to find a good CL in such a short notice! My frd's husband felt appreciative towards the agency too n sent a commorative note to the agency. B'cos, not all parents have the help of a MIL or Mother luxury... My frd's parents deceased in a car accident n her husband was a foreigner.

After pasting tis post here for so long, I've only one helpful/selfless heart reponded to my post.  Atlas, I know everyone is busy with their own issues/matters to stop buy to say "How r u?" I've concluded that people are more concern for themselves as the society prosper... Tat's hard fact! A kind soul like u really lights up a dim light along our life path. I've sent yr regards to her... Thanks again.
nat.mum

In Tune Massage Therapy

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2006, 10:29:57 PM »

Truebliss, thats too much of a compliment for me..  i can imagine what  you and your friend going through.
confinement is the crucial painful period of adjustment as a REAL mother which in fact personally, i dread most esp the first month. even with the luxury help of my mum. moral support  n help r essential! too many things r  happening at the same time during that period, its overwhelming...

senses, the keys to healing from within.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: