Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
April 28, 2024, 06:26:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dilemma - Shd I place Baby on Walker?  (Read 18854 times)
nat.mum

In Tune Massage Therapy

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2006, 03:28:53 AM »

Hi Kitty,

if you feel the pressure, you can put him on the walker but not for too long hours till he becomes reliant to it. Put him on a good height so that he tries to stand and move rather than relying on one leg to glide( thats the negative part about walker.) use it well within your observation and not for too long hours. the idea is for him to have the confidence and balance and something to fall back on. gradually at the same time once he is able to stand on his own then you can slowly guide and observe him trying to take the baby steps (off the walker). its ok if he stumbles and he will learn to pick himself up again.   smile

senses, the keys to healing from within.

Advertisement

kalbarri

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2006, 01:15:30 AM »

yah, and one main thing about stumble is.....let him walk let him fall....
whenver he fall...dun make a big fuss of it, otherwise he will think it is really a big fuss and cry cry~~~

if his fall is not too serious just treat it normal...let him slowly pick himself up.......Wink he falls, best do not immediately run to him everytime to pick him up~~~~ winked
crystal

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2006, 01:37:37 AM »

both my two elder kids are on walker at 6mth,.. Elder kid started to walk at 12 mth while #2 started to walk at 11 mth.. nothing wrong with walker.
lweicheo

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2006, 03:11:59 AM »

I never use any walker for my daughter. She started walking independently at 15 month. Basically, I feel that being on the walker does not mean the child will start walking earlier. Each child has their own learning capability, not necessary to rush. There are kids that start walking on their own only when they turn 20 month.

Usage of walker is not encourage is because the risk of accidents are high. Like banging into glass doors, moving too fast and the walker flip over injuring the child inside.
However if there is constant direct adult supervision when the child is on the walker, it should be fine.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: