Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 01, 2024, 09:16:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Confinement catering  (Read 27362 times)
presa

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2007, 02:07:36 AM »

an explanation that i heard goes as follows: in China villages, the water comes from rivers and wells, which will have bacterias and other contaminations. so for folks in the past, can't bathe with that water after pregnancy to avoid infections. water can also be scarce and precious.

and as Alaska said, it can be very cold in China.

however, if we blindly follow, and do the same things in Singapore, where it is hot and humid all year, and where the water is clean, it doesn't seem to make any sense.

tell this to ang moh from USA or Australia etc, and they will laugh until peng.

Advertisement

jo

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2007, 04:24:55 AM »

an explanation that i heard goes as follows: in China villages, the water comes from rivers and wells, which will have bacterias and other contaminations. so for folks in the past, can't bathe with that water after pregnancy to avoid infections. water can also be scarce and precious.

and as Alaska said, it can be very cold in China.

however, if we blindly follow, and do the same things in Singapore, where it is hot and humid all year, and where the water is clean, it doesn't seem to make any sense.

tell this to ang moh from USA or Australia etc, and they will laugh until peng.

think I actually mentioned about the confinement thingy to a Australian woman when I was staying with her... told her about what la the wind thing that might get to the woman when she bathes and must eat wat type of food la... ya lor.. she really laugh until Peng  Tongue
Alaska

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2007, 04:29:32 AM »

I myself don't believe in confinement at all.

But after living in China and Western countries, I observe that western women tend to get older faster. Taiwanese/Japanese are slightly younger. Seemed like confinement has its effect.

Stacy

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2007, 08:58:11 PM »

My fren who stayed in France for 4 years also said the same. Ang Mohs seems to age faster esp after they give birth.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: