Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 07, 2024, 08:25:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 24   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any parent with kids in Greendale primary school ?  (Read 75873 times)
Pavilion8612

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2008, 02:12:09 AM »

Hi Everyone waving

The is the feedback I gather .....not much blushing.

1) Mee Toh
- seems an established Buddhist school.  Lots of CCA/ECA are already in place.  Very popular and balloting is done as even Sengkang people also wants to come to the school.  Apparently, my SIL went to view the school during their open house.  She likes the school and as it is in the afternoon session and easier for our MIL to care for my nephew.

2) Edgefield
- seems to be upcoming.  Seems to produce better result than Mee Toh and their CCA seems interesting from their website.  I think they've an upcoming open day (if I'm not mistaken) on  23 June.  I can't make it so if anyone is going, please share with us an update.

3) Greendale
- Went to view the school and it started only last year.  Facilities wise not all are up yet but they try to improvise.  They'll only open up as and when there's a demand.  So, I think for CCA/ECA not that interesting yet for P3 and above.  No, higher chinese at this point of time.

If anyone has any other opinion, please feel free to add on so that we can share.  Plus, let's get to know each other once we settle the school our kids chitchat.  I guess that will be in nearer to the registration date.

Hope everyone can come to a decision soon. 

Cheers!

Advertisement

Pavilion8612

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2008, 02:35:42 AM »

Just to add on, a father's opinion on Greendale primary school is too relax for his son.

However, I prefer Greendale as it will be the nearest to my new home.
Alaska

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2008, 04:41:37 AM »

Greendale primary is the only primary school in Punggol that allows learning disablities, autistic and hyperactive children to study in the same class.

From autistic parents' view, they are happy, save money by not sending their children to special school such as Pathlight.

From above average kid parents' view, a little bit set-back. Why? because if yr child happens to sit next to an autistic classmate. The above-average child will get bullied.

In other school like Rivervale, if the child is autistic, the parents will be advised to sent their child to KK hospital for the physcological test. If in severe level, will have to sent to a special school or home-schooling.
Ellphie

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2008, 10:32:30 AM »

Hi Pavilion8612

This is a good information being shared around.  I am also be doing P1 registration this year and it's between Edgefield and Mee Toh.  I am just staying in the front block of Edgefield Pri and is keened on this school but hubby is out for Mee Toh....tough choice.

Mee Toh might be balloting i guess and worried might not get it though...

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 24   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: