Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 16, 2024, 10:11:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: King Sized Bed Frame  (Read 7993 times)
kochmeister

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2006, 04:54:45 AM »

Depends. Most furniture shops are pretty much the same. usually they have 2 grades of furniture. The ones that they can give discounts for and the ones where the prices never seem to go down. The latter being of better quality. This applies even in IKEA. make sure when you buy furniture, know the quality and type of the wood used.

Advertisement

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2006, 11:03:42 AM »

Actually beside barang barang you can try at plaza hotel behind the furniture house there. I bought mine there. I would not say the shop name cause is individual preference. But there is something which I would strongly suggest.
For teak wood there are few points to tell you. I travel often to indonesia and my indo friends in this field told me which you must take note. For Barang Barang the wood is not bad but it is young wood meaning to say the teak has not reach reach mature stage and is chop to produce furniture. So don't invest too much money on it. Cause in fact they have over price their bed already. You are fascinated by the blending of laquor colors which made you say Wow so nice. Try to look for deep line and have eyes. all good teak have a shape of eyes randomly. Lines are straight. That wood is a good one. But it is hard to find cause it took me sometime then I found it. But then if you use young wood please do remember to use the wood oil to polish it to prevent insect from growing. Check completely make sure is all the wood is teak as some is mixed like the under part are normal other kind of wood. A bit hard to describe as I only know how to choose. So sorry just be careful.
kochmeister

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2006, 12:02:19 PM »

Thanks 0209. Spoken like a true expert. Couldn't have put it better  thumbs up
erase

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2006, 10:04:26 PM »

wow 0209...sound like a wood expert...well said.

I thought Wood bed after using it for years tend to creak....Huh? I thought should stay away from wood or teak then those with DUVAN beds.

Listen to one as if he were a King. Watch with 10 pairs of eyes and listen with one heart.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: