Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 24, 2024, 12:20:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Principal's ITE advice had to be delivered.  (Read 4837 times)
ShengXi

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2008, 07:02:25 PM »

There is nothing wrong with ITE's principal's speech. Most probably is that student's attitude as well as her parents' family background.

The same likewise PSLE 2007 story. One mother immediately wrote to Straits Times Forum said that her son cried after the PSLE Math paper. Her son all along is A-Star scorer in Maths. After such a difficult question appeared in PSLE, her son's confidence became low.

What's so great about her son. At the end, top scorer can even scored 294.The problem lies to her own family background. Start pointing fingers at MOE.

oh ya...I also pissed off with my daughter's teacher.

She shows such favoritism and only have eyes on those top 10 girls and boys. Wrote a complaint letter to the principal, MOE and MP to remove this teacher. Never mention our names lah. Wait for these few days whether any changes.

Don't know what criteria the prefects are chosen, even like to cry for no reason girl also chosen as a prefect. Just because that girl joined CCA that this teacher is in-charge.

And the purpose of your posting is...??

I am sure that the School/MOE/MP will not reply any letters which are anonymous. I reckon it will be better to meet up with the teacher concerned to clear the air. Writing to the authorities to remove a teacher for showing favoritism just does not make sense to me.

My 2 cents worth.

Mdm Alaska, you're contradicting yourself. Yes, fingers should not point at MOE but can write letter to remove teacher for alleged favortism??

Advertisement

tom

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2008, 02:10:58 AM »

Actually we should appreciate what the teachers or educators alike are doing for decades. If not for their dedicated service, we may not even have some of todays' Singapore leaders.  Smiley Smiley Otherwise Singapore may have to import ' foreign talents ' even on the very top. We should say a very big ' thank you ' to all teachers who had in one way or other, contributed to our success.  cheers Not bad lah !! ya......At least, we know how to read, write and earned a roof on our head.

Talking about teachers, yesterday, we read about a 17 year old boy who landed himself in court for abusing his teacher. In case, you missed the news, this is a summary.

The teacher was conducting a chinese class. There was this boy who was listening to a MP3 belonging to the 17 year old classmate. The lady teacher was annoyed and she took away the MP3. The 17 year old boy got furious, approached the teacher, searched her bag, could'nt find his MP3, threw away the bag and scolded his teacher with ' Hokkien Vulgarities '. Few days later, the lady teacher reported the incident to the police and the boy was hauled to court.

What happen finally ?  Shocked Shocked The presiding judge requested the 17 year old boy to write an apology, either in english or in chinese to apologise.

" APA INI " ?? He should be sent for reformative training instead.  Sad Sad Huh? Huh? What to do ??  Sad Sad Huh? ???We can only sympathise with her and hope she would continue teaching inspite of such a serious humiliation.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: