Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 16, 2024, 10:51:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Poll
Question: Do you believe in Spanking?
Yes - 14 (70%)
No - 4 (20%)
No comment - 2 (10%)
Total Voters: 20

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you believe in Spanking?  (Read 20589 times)
eothian

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: May 18, 2007, 01:06:24 PM »

Seriously, I don't think I will really cane my child. I grew up with my grandma who was very strict. She uses her cane on me many times. When you were studying halfway and felt asleep, she will pinch and twist your eyelids until you really 'shiok shiok' ! Or when you were caught nodding, she will pull your hair and slam it on the table. Her "Char Kia" (wooden clogs) are were her 'flying-saucer' weapons. If she cannot catch you (when you run away from her), she will throw the heavy pairs at you. 90% bull's eye !

Luckily I survive thru ! In all respect, I think she has brought something good in me. But I don't think I will ever use that on kids. Times are different. If you cane your kid and the next day the marks are showing, the teacher in school may report you for child abuse ! Better watch out !

Why some animals are still not kept in the zoo ?

Advertisement

Americano

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2007, 11:35:10 AM »

The top you mention is the father or principal ?

Our govt? Haha. Its father lah. These days, I wonder why people have the notion that teachers should bear rhe responsibilities for children's disclipine.
Tigger

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: May 19, 2007, 12:07:07 PM »

Seriously, I don't think I will really cane my child. I grew up with my grandma who was very strict. She uses her cane on me many times. When you were studying halfway and felt asleep, she will pinch and twist your eyelids until you really 'shiok shiok' ! Or when you were caught nodding, she will pull your hair and slam it on the table. Her "Char Kia" (wooden clogs) are were her 'flying-saucer' weapons. If she cannot catch you (when you run away from her), she will throw the heavy pairs at you. 90% bull's eye !

Luckily I survive thru ! In all respect, I think she has brought something good in me. But I don't think I will ever use that on kids. Times are different. If you cane your kid and the next day the marks are showing, the teacher in school may report you for child abuse ! Better watch out !

key is to cane within reason, without anger and in a covered part... don't think teachers will report you for cane marks unless very jia lat... bleeding and pus... then will call police lah..
eothian

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: May 19, 2007, 12:16:13 PM »

key is to cane within reason, without anger and in a covered part... don't think teachers will report you for cane marks unless very jia lat... bleeding and pus... then will call police lah..

Was thinking if my teachers ever discover such marks on me during that time, I think my grandma will be called up for questionings...hahaha !

Anyway, times have changed.

Why some animals are still not kept in the zoo ?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: