Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 19, 2024, 11:05:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone "Fan Tai Sui" this year?  (Read 13747 times)
Vivien Wong

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2007, 10:43:11 PM »

Sorry for whatever that have causes. Just stop here, otherwise, endless unhapiness causes to Styliaga as he claimed. If you are mad Styliaga, my apologies okay? Weekend is approaching, so I don't want to make it unpleasant for you. 

Advertisement

Confuz

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2007, 10:46:09 PM »

Well, on my personal opinion, With the previous NKF case a lot of people have lost trust and faith in the charity system on how effective it is....On a personal note, Donating can be in many forms.... but nothing beats to deliver the gift/money/thoughts directly to the needy(how you ensure it in the end goes to the right needy/people?).
Donating $ is very "vague" word. Doing something about it(physically) could be much meaningful.
Being a vegetarian or believe in buddhism is individual faith and belief.
Nothing right or wrong about it as that does not mean anything(i am a believer of Karma too)

Lastly to all forumer, just some miscommunication thats all.
Thread starter is just asking for opinion thats all.

I agree that the case has greatly affected my views over the charity systems here.
It makes me wonder where my previously donated $$ goes and the process it needs to goes thru before it reaches the group of people I intennded to help. But since we cannot change the system, I have changed my way of donating.
I arrange with friends and colleagues, pooling in a meaningful sum of cash, over the weekend we personally buy the necessacities such as rice, can food, shampoo, cakes, coffee, tea etc etc after checking from the old folks home what they need to replenish and we sent to them.
At least we know that they are receiving the donations. And when the old folks are so happy after receiving the items, we feel good as well.
Ofcourse not forgetting, I also need to donate to my own fund called 'Bank Account' so that when I need help one day, I can look after myself.
Jiean2004

You can pursue your dreams if you have the courage

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2007, 07:11:52 AM »

Hi, forum is a free speech column for us to interact.There tends to be conflicts....No need to brood over it and exchange words here and there.Vivien is entitle to her comments,likewise to the other bro.......
No hard feelings.......cheers....... stick tongue
red_devil

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2007, 09:07:57 AM »

We are all family living in a small town named Punggol, country call singapore... Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: