Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 25, 2024, 03:41:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: About Greendale Primary...  (Read 14866 times)
DoDoWhite

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2007, 11:42:05 PM »

Sorry, Don't know yet.

Advertisement

Rizwin

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2007, 03:11:38 AM »

Hi,

I was a former teacher and had also taught before in one of our neighbouring schools too. And i had the chance to teach in a brand new school too several years back. 

From my experience, teachers will be busy setting up the resources in a new school but not to the extent of neglecting the students' welfare. Of course, there may be some facilities which will not be ready for the students and even for teachers to use. If they is only one level cohort of students in the first year, the bond between the pioneer teachers and students are likely to be closer as the year progresses. And the pioneer students will receive leadership training and guidance in their early years so that they can at least lead their juniors. (isn't that good)

Usually, teachers and principal who have been assigned to a particular school will meet in December and the result of teachers' posting to the school will be released to them usually after the students' end-year-exam. Principals' posting is probably earlier.

From what i know, they had been cases of Edgefield students who were bullied by a neighboring school. The bullying victims are usually the lower primary kids. And measures were taken (and still taking place, i hope) by that neighbouring school to curb bullying.

Sometimes, the uniform will not be ready even after the first few months that the new school is in operation. This is because, some schools want the teachers and the students to contribute ideas to how the new school uniform will look like. Simple things like choice of colour, type of collar and etc. But there are some schools who will make early decision so that students can wear the uniform on the first day of school.
Alaska

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2007, 09:19:25 AM »

brand new school is better.

Let's not mention about Nan Chiau and Mee Toh. They are old sch from ulu ulu place with lousy admission. They have to shift to newer estate to revive back their names.

Nan Chiau was from River Valley, notorious primary school. Don't understand why shift to Sengkang, the admission is overwhelming. Students P5&6 girls are so vein behaviour in Compass Point. Teachers also keep on changing. No big deal lah...

Mee Toh also another not so big deal. These 2 schools are only 'money' face. emphasize a lot on donations.

Give a try Edgefield and Greendale. Who knows 5 yrs time become hot school need to ballot as well. Just like Rivervale and Compassvale Primary School.
awfullystress

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2007, 09:46:25 AM »

What is the process of assigning teachers to new schools? Was it done voluntarily or non optional?

It is undeniable that there are black sheeps even in better performing schools. I came upon a blog authored by a gal who is schooling in a "top 10 school". She wrote about her hatred, nasty things of her parents and even called them names... just simply because they did not allow her to have a dog and drive her to school. I am sure her parents will be so heartached if they were to find out what their precious has been writing about them.

I certainly do not want my kid to be like the latter but as a parent... am hopeful with a so-called good school that has the infrastructure and enrichment programmes available to help my kids in their early years of development. To enable them to have a better opportunity to achieve their full potential.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: