Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
April 25, 2024, 11:29:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yummy & Healthy Soup...Suggestions please...  (Read 16525 times)
tom

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2007, 04:53:53 AM »

Instead of a price increase, a better idea is to use a smaller bowl. Your customer will be happier.  Smiley A word of caution. DO not let your employees run the show. Boss has to be present, so you know what is happening daily.

Advertisement

Dragon

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2007, 09:06:25 AM »

Thanks for your point, will take it into consideration..

Ya, my partner and i frequent a food stall which now inc in price, 50 cents inc is a lot for a meal, w/o inc at least a little ingredient... Sad rite?

I think more importantly is to stand on the consumer point of view... and the question is, 'Will I patronise u again?"

When on food business, you must sell something that is delicious, clean, good and cheap. Serving must be fast, food handlers must be neat and courteous.  thumbs up

The most important thing is " NEVER INCREASE YOUR PRICE ". When ingredient starts to increase $ 2 per kilo. You increase 50 cents per bowl,  Smiley then better don't ever consider setting up the food business. SURE TO FAIL. Undecided

Everyday in the papers, over TV......they like to talk about price increases. Most food outlets follow, happily they take this opportunity to up prices. IT'S A BIG MISTAKE TO DO THIS.  Tongue

Kan

I have a different view.  If you need to increase price to sustain your business, then better increase.  Consumer is more focus on value than price nowadays (except for very poor consumer sector where they think that a soup should come free when they order chicken rice) .  It depend on the market sector that you aim at middle income sector still focus on value more than price (they also mind price if it cost more than four dollars.  This is where the propensity to consume theory come into play).  Go and take a few marketing courses such as know throughly all the four Ps in marketing to help you understand consumer behaviour better. 
kan

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2007, 08:40:00 PM »

Sorry but what does the 4'P's mean?

Yes, depending on the customers range... But value for money is important. Taste is the main factor too... If it's yummy, I guess they won't mind a little pricy. Have been to a shop selling variety kind of food at douby ghaut exchange... Wondering if they can sustain well and their rental is high..
Alaska

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2007, 12:32:18 AM »

product, price, packaging, place
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: