Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 03, 2024, 04:17:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Claypot Rice You've Tried and Recommend  (Read 8045 times)
Peace@Punggol

Its a Bird Its a Plane Its.......Peace@Man

Ignore
« on: September 16, 2006, 05:47:29 AM »

I went to tried this claypot rice on Thursday. They used the traditional way of cooking which is charcoal and its takes abt 30mins before they served. They hv other dishes as well which are display on the wall. I've order this long bean with grinded dried shrimp and soft-shell crab. The dishes are good especially the long bean its much tastier than those I had outside. They also hv soup in the porcelain bowl, ordered Lau Wang Gua soup which taste good too. Overall i wld say worth the wait and travel there. But parking is really a problem as the place is at Geylang and the lane is rather narrow so its based on luck if you found one.

Below is the address if you intend to tried for yourself:

Geylang Claypot Rice
No.639, Lor 33, Geylang Rd, S389570.
Open at 5pm - 12 mn (Closed on Monday)
Payment: Cash or NETS

Reservation is allow just call Ah Tim at 6744 4574 or 6744 3619 to make your order for the claypot rice, how many person and what time arriving. Table and seats will be reserved for you and duly served upon your arrival.

On that day, happened to saw Ronald Susilo & the other 2 more national badminton players there eating too.  Grin

Advertisement

Angel

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2006, 05:49:25 AM »

There was one in Tampines st 11 round market last time before it was renovated... wonder if its still around...

Also use charcoal to cook... the salted fish and slivers of salted veg is very very yummy... the chicken was sooooo tender too  smoking
erase

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2006, 01:04:24 AM »

I went to tried this claypot rice on Thursday. They used the traditional way of cooking which is charcoal and its takes abt 30mins before they served. They hv other dishes as well which are display on the wall. I've order this long bean with grinded dried shrimp and soft-shell crab. The dishes are good especially the long bean its much tastier than those I had outside. They also hv soup in the porcelain bowl, ordered Lau Wang Gua soup which taste good too. Overall i wld say worth the wait and travel there. But parking is really a problem as the place is at Geylang and the lane is rather narrow so its based on luck if you found one.

Below is the address if you intend to tried for yourself:

Geylang Claypot Rice
No.639, Lor 33, Geylang Rd, S389570.
Open at 5pm - 12 mn (Closed on Monday)
Payment: Cash or NETS

Reservation is allow just call Ah Tim at 6744 4574 or 6744 3619 to make your order for the claypot rice, how many person and what time arriving. Table and seats will be reserved for you and duly served upon your arrival.

On that day, happened to saw Ronald Susilo & the other 2 more national badminton players there eating too.  Grin

yeah heard about it...haven't actually tried it... hehehe...  Grin

Listen to one as if he were a King. Watch with 10 pairs of eyes and listen with one heart.
Alaska

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2006, 01:40:58 AM »

Thank for food info. cheers cheers cheers
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: