Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
April 27, 2024, 05:13:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PS3 official S'pore Launch date  (Read 2238 times)
gaonrat

Ignore
« on: December 23, 2006, 07:10:50 PM »

hope is going to launch as per the date they set and the price for 60GB is  oops  clapping
well lucky did not jump into the boat as my friend keep trying to drag me getting the jap set..
fyi, blu-ray coding for s'pore is the same as jap n US, so no worry about playing blu ray dvd frm jap or us.

http://www.gameaxis.com/home/?blog=999

The PlayStation 3 has been getting some really some interesting news in the local media lately, but the ninjas over at GameAxis have just uncovered the 2 most important bits through reliable sources that you should  know about the PlayStation 3 in this little red dot island - the console's release date and pricing.

First of all, it's no secret that Singapore will be getting PS3 NTSC/J-coded units, similar to the Hong Kong and Taiwan sets. Now, the news that did surprise us though was that Sony Singapore will be launching the PlayStation 3 here officially in March 2007, given that the PlayStation 2 took more than a year to reach Singapore after its official launch in Japan. But it's worth noting that the gaming landscape in Singapore has changed rather drastically since Microsoft launched the Xbox here in 2002, and the Sony SG folks might have better optimism of the local market here today.

The price of the local PlayStation 3 will also appear to be pegged at S$799 at retail (Update: for the 60GB, thanks for pointing that out Fran), which is a pretty good price point if you asked me. And I'm going to be curious how Microsoft will react to it if this price-tag is confirmed by Sony. I'm also pretty sure that like Hong Kong and Taiwan, buyers here will be required to buy a bundle offer (3 games and an additional controller perhaps). That basically mean you're still likely to have to cough up between S$950-S$1000 in order to get a local PlayStation 3 console here.

Awesome news from our ninjas, but as usual, the above are still to be considered rumors until we get something official from Sony Singapore.

Advertisement

Peace@Punggol

Its a Bird Its a Plane Its.......Peace@Man

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2006, 04:29:09 AM »

Hooray! I look fwd to the confirmation news from Local Sony. The price is also attractive for a 60GB. I dont mind having to buy the bundle which nevertheless I will still requires to get it. Any mass order so that they can either reduce the price or throw in more accessories?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: