Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
April 29, 2024, 04:18:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is our Sheares Bridge still solid and structurally sound ?  (Read 3595 times)
Alaska

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2007, 06:11:07 AM »

don't know whether true or not the Penang bridge is built using that method too. woooo......so scary..........

Advertisement

H2OSeekers

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2007, 09:39:05 AM »

If it were to collapse, the ferris wheel will roll into the sea...

No it won't collapsed one, I heard during the construction they buried skulls of Children below to make the column strong...heheheh!!! Don't this is true!!! I was dead scared when I heard this when I was young..

Heard of that too. I was only 12 years old, frighten of that rumour. I think the bridge is fairly sound. Our building standards not too bad.  Tongue
tom

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2007, 03:08:47 AM »

Sheares Bridge was constructed by a Japanese Construction company SATO KOGYO. So far nothing was mention about the maintenace of the bridge.

Smiley In the olden days, probably most people lives in the kampong. Children are quite naughty, catching spiders, climbing coconut trees, fly kites  Smiley also maybe not serious with school work. So what happen ? Grandmothers possibly threatened small kids, that if they don't behave, the Japanese will killed them for the construction of bridges.  chitchat
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: