Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
April 28, 2024, 06:04:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Poll
Question: Should this Hwa Chong Student be suspended ?
What the hell ? YES ! - 12 (70.6%)
No lah ! He is still a kid ! - 1 (5.9%)
Parent's fault, Father deserves it ! - 2 (11.8%)
School's fault, Sack the Principal ! - 0 (0%)
Girlfriend's fault. Why she didn't stop him ? - 1 (5.9%)
Bus Driver's fault. Why is he so on ? - 1 (5.9%)
Total Voters: 17

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Should Hwa Chong student be suspended ?  (Read 27277 times)
Snapper

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2007, 10:58:26 AM »

from the report of hwa chong, unlikely they gonna suspend him.  i think this young man gotta learn it the hard way for his behaviour.  for now, it will depend on the outcome of the police investigation.  but still, part of their decision for course of action will depend on the school's report on him, which i think the school unlikely will give adverse report.  i think a suspension for him will be good.  serve it as a warning to others.  if the school juz gonna choose to close one eye open the other, then other students will have the perception that hitting someone is not a serious problem.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 11:01:08 AM by Snapper » Logged

Advertisement

eothian

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2007, 12:08:00 PM »

from the report of hwa chong, unlikely they gonna suspend him.  i think this young man gotta learn it the hard way for his behaviour.  for now, it will depend on the outcome of the police investigation.  but still, part of their decision for course of action will depend on the school's report on him, which i think the school unlikely will give adverse report.  i think a suspension for him will be good.  serve it as a warning to others.  if the school juz gonna choose to close one eye open the other, then other students will have the perception that hitting someone is not a serious problem.

How can the school not suspend such student ? My school expelled students who got involved in gang fights. How can schools nowadays gone soft on students, especially good schools like Hwa Chong ?  I remember reading a recent news article about a school sacked their basketball coach who has fallen into The NewPaper reporters scheme of luring him out online with the pretext of her being an innocent 13 year-old lonely school girl. I respect the Principal of that school because she is putting the reputation and the safety of the school children as first priority and didn't risk putting the students under the supverision of this preverted basketball coach.

This is Hwa Chong JC you are talking about, not some 'ulu' school...The principal better suspends him to send warnings to other students as well as to the kids himself that the school doesn't appreciate / tolerate such behaviour despite of any good academic results this kid might bring.

Why some animals are still not kept in the zoo ?
Snapper

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2007, 12:32:12 PM »

exactly.  some form of deterrent action gotta be put in place against this young man.  let's hope he will learn a good lesson the hard way.
Alaska

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2007, 05:18:37 PM »

it is one of the top 10 JCs in Sinkapore.

suspend? but his father will kneel in front of the principal? or worst the father sit on the parade square and hold hunger strike.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: