Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 14, 2024, 08:37:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Poll
Question: Should this Hwa Chong Student be suspended ?
What the hell ? YES ! - 12 (70.6%)
No lah ! He is still a kid ! - 1 (5.9%)
Parent's fault, Father deserves it ! - 2 (11.8%)
School's fault, Sack the Principal ! - 0 (0%)
Girlfriend's fault. Why she didn't stop him ? - 1 (5.9%)
Bus Driver's fault. Why is he so on ? - 1 (5.9%)
Total Voters: 17

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Should Hwa Chong student be suspended ?  (Read 27505 times)
eothian

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: May 18, 2007, 11:11:10 PM »

imho, the boy's parent should shoulder more of the blame than the school.  but that doesn't mean the school can push all the blame to the parent.  there could be many factors that contributed to the bad behaviour of this boy.  parent mayb always busy at work, lack to discipline him, neglected him, etc...
in a nutshell, the boy gotta face the music for his action, whilst the parent gotta accept the consequence of the outcome and watever punishment meted out to their child.  but, i gotta say, the boy's father really braved thru the humilation of kneeling in front of the bus driver to plead forgiveness.

Well-said.  clapping

Why some animals are still not kept in the zoo ?

Advertisement

tom

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: May 19, 2007, 03:00:18 AM »

Let me add something.......

I really cannot understand who the hell change the occupation of a ' DRIVER ' to that of a ' CAPTAIN '.
Check out with any dictionary. If the use of captain is correct, then we should call a taxi-driver as taxi-captain, lorry-driver as lorry-capain, a trishaw-rider as trishaw-captain.

Shocked Ha....I suspected the driver in front of a full load of passengers must have thought, for once, he was an army captain. So....blocked the boy from alighting....thats how he receive a blow.......Personally I would say, " everybody is at fault ".

There is a saying, " when we cornered a dog with a stick, there must be a hole somewhere for the dog to escape, otherwise the dog will attack us.  waving

Stallion

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: May 19, 2007, 03:08:12 AM »

The bus 'captain' must have thought he is cruising a ship since he is know as 'captain'.
So he must have thought that boy was a pirate so he decided to block his way while waiting for the other 'captains' to arrive to save his ship...
haha... wonder which goondu changed 'drive' to 'captain'?
haha... really stupid. diver is driver lor... why call 'captain'? unless the goondu thinks drivers are low class people..
still a decent job what! so many idiots and goondu on this island..haiz
shells

Squirrel, Squirrel... here I come!!!

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: May 19, 2007, 06:57:23 AM »

the boy needs to have a taste of his own medicine.  whether or not the driver was wrong, he shouldn't have resorted to violence.  it's the reason why there are so many wars happening around the world these days.  if everyone is able to calm down and have a good talk without using their fists, we would be seeing a peaceful world.  there will be no need for wars, guns, bombs, etc...  if he isn't taught correctly and effectively now.. he may just be a potential terrorist, murderer, or whatever... in the future. 

i remember this quote i read somewhere.. think it was by Gandhi. 

"An eye for an eye makes the world go blind."

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: