Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 06, 2024, 04:18:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Do Singaporeans live or are they struggling to make a living?  (Read 12600 times)
PowerPuffGirl

My Precious Love

Ignore
« on: June 19, 2007, 03:53:11 AM »

Call me a whiner. With gst hikes, pay raise of minister and now with nets upping its service charge. When i tried to look through the eyes of a child, the Singapore I see is no more than this picture. The moment u r born in this country, you are the country's property. At birth, they want your umblical cord blood. When u r older, they want your blood. When u die unexpectedly, they want you cornea, heart, kidney and maybe your liver. Not that I doubt the altruistic intent of the aim. How much of who we are really belong to us? Are we giving more than we are taking? Whenever there's a raise in something, the mantra is always to pass it to the people. If the size of the sponge can't absorb it, we gotto make the sponge bigger. When it comes to charity, we look up to the people to make the difference. The coe we pay for a car is sometimes enough to buy a car itself. When we retire, we realise that the greatest achievement we ever had is having paid our house loan which we may have oredi paid for it living somewhere else. If u dun have an illustrious career and a pay raise becos we thrive in an elitist society, you are plagued with the crisis of being oust if you dun upgrade. Even if you upgrade, you must see how the hierarchy of your dept is like before u know how possible it is to move up. Some people dun move up if others dun move all in the name of cutting cost and sustaining the orgn. Do we live or are we struggling to make a living? I can choose to be a quitter. But if everybody quits at the same time, i do think its pathetic.

Quoted from http://forum.channelnewsasia.com/viewtopic.php?t=67324&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

Advertisement

rusher

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2007, 04:24:57 PM »

Call me a whiner. With gst hikes, pay raise of minister and now with nets upping its service charge. When i tried to look through the eyes of a child, the Singapore I see is no more than this picture. The moment u r born in this country, you are the country's property. At birth, they want your umblical cord blood. When u r older, they want your blood. When u die unexpectedly, they want you cornea, heart, kidney and maybe your liver. Not that I doubt the altruistic intent of the aim. How much of who we are really belong to us? Are we giving more than we are taking? Whenever there's a raise in something, the mantra is always to pass it to the people. If the size of the sponge can't absorb it, we gotto make the sponge bigger. When it comes to charity, we look up to the people to make the difference. The coe we pay for a car is sometimes enough to buy a car itself. When we retire, we realise that the greatest achievement we ever had is having paid our house loan which we may have oredi paid for it living somewhere else. If u dun have an illustrious career and a pay raise becos we thrive in an elitist society, you are plagued with the crisis of being oust if you dun upgrade. Even if you upgrade, you must see how the hierarchy of your dept is like before u know how possible it is to move up. Some people dun move up if others dun move all in the name of cutting cost and sustaining the orgn. Do we live or are we struggling to make a living? I can choose to be a quitter. But if everybody quits at the same time, i do think its pathetic.

Quoted from http://forum.channelnewsasia.com/viewtopic.php?t=67324&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

sigh.................. Cry Cry Cry

are u in the Rush!!!
ya1012

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2007, 10:39:07 PM »

Share your sentiments.... but that's life isn't it? Good or bad, live or struggle, we just have to go through it all...   winked
Stallion

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2007, 11:53:21 PM »

Sinkie life not easy...
work whole life but also dunno when then can retire..
even if retire also dunno at what age then can take back cpf..age and minimum sum keep increasing.
soon will be 100 years then can retire... lie in coffin still havent retire..
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: