Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 02, 2024, 01:38:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Body Shop's Founder Passes Away  (Read 2493 times)
Vivien Wong

Ignore
« on: September 11, 2007, 09:27:28 AM »

Dear All,
Anita Roddick, the founder of the Body Shop passed away last night of a brain haemorrhage at the age if 64. Despite the criticisms of selling out, let us not forget the impact she had on proving that business and ethics can work together (before the $$$$ clouds judgements anyway).

Quotes on Entrepreneurship from Anita Roddick:

"Dysfunction is the essence of entrepreneurship. I've had dozens of requests from places like Harvard and Yale to talk about the subject. It makes me laugh that ivy leaguers are so keen to "learn" how to be entrepreneurs, because I'm not convinced it's a subject you can teach. I mean, how do you teach obsession? Because it is obsession that drives the entrepreneur's commitment to a vision of something new."

"We entrepreneurs are loners, vagabonds, troublemakers. Success is simply a matter of finding and surrounding ourselves with those open-minded and clever souls who can take our insanity and put it to good use."

"I want to define success by redefining it. For me it isn't that
solely mythical definition - glamour, allure, power of wealth, and the privilege from care. Any definition of success should be personal because it's so transitory. It's about shaping my own destiny."

"An entrepreneur is very enthusiastic and dances to a different drumbeat, but never considers success as something which equates to personally wealth. That never enters our consciousness. We have incredible enthusiasm, and I think part of the success of any entrepreneur is energy. If one has that energy one can create a wonderful enthusiasm. Entrepreneurs have this real belief that their
lives are about services and leadership."

Advertisement

Alaska

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2007, 09:30:54 AM »

yes, heard over the news just now in car radio.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: