Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 25, 2024, 03:34:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Winners of challenge but price given to someone else!  (Read 6156 times)
EY

Ignore
« on: April 27, 2008, 12:01:59 PM »

Hi I just have to get this out of my chest!!  Don't know how many of you out there are 91.3FM listerners. But my husband called in the radio station and we were picked as one of the 10 lucky couples to compete in an Ultimate Challenge organised by Tian Po Jewellery.  The price was a $10,000 diamond ring. It was held last Sat 26/4 at Centerpoint at 3pm. Didn't know what the challenge was until we arrive.  The challenge was whoever can lock lips the longest and do the additional stunts with lips still together wins the grand prize. 

My husband and I won the challenge, (he had to carry me for about 25mins, with both our lips together, his one palm on my head, my other hand on this back pocket).. we were nicknamed by the Married Men crew as the coconut tree and the monkey.  After we were announced the winners, they told us that there is a twist to game.  They called up the top three winners and put three boxes infront of us and told us to pick the box with ring.  Whover picks the right box, wins the ring!  The ring was given to the second runner up and we the winning couple were given a $1000 voucher by Tian Po.  Is this fair?? We did the hard work, declared the winner and someone else gets the prize! I am soooo angry, disappointed and ...... We returned the voucher immediately to Tian Po's GM and all he did was took the voucher and shrug his shoulders. The Married Men crew came up to us and apologies and told us that there was a last miniute change.  Is this acceptable? What so they take me for? A fool?  Or is it becaouse, the winning couple is a non-Chinese?  Cos during the challenge there was no mentioned of change of rules as we were reminded my the 91.3 crew to endure and focus as we are competing for the grand prize!  Its only when we were declared the winners the rules change.

Any suggestion on what I can do?  I have emailed to a few medias already and waiting for them to call. 

Advertisement

BlackStallion

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2008, 09:27:09 PM »

As long as human are involved in judging, there is never fairness...

My daughter was around 4 yrs old when she entered a pageant & talent contest organized by some big organization...

My daughter sang the english song 'The Reason' by the group Hoobastank. Upon my daughter  going up on stage 2 of the 3 judges were seen chatting among themselves face-to-face (not looking at the performance) the whole time my daughter was performing and at the end they still managed to appoint scores to my daughter...don't know how they managed to do it...

Another girl sang the song Happy Birthday...not once but given 2 tries...once when the music was on she couldn't sing (around 5 mins she was silent). The judges asked to play the song again to get her to sing and she completed the song....My daughter didn't get thru to the next round whereas the girl who sang Happy Birthday went thru....Is this fair? My daughter singing a difficult song once was judged not as good as the girl singing a simple song twice...

That was the last time i enrolled her into such contest as it's very demoralising for my kid as she keeps questioning me why she lost...I don't mind if she lost to a more talented person but this??? So lesson learnt....don't join such contests when the judges are human and more so locals....as they tend to be bious and unfair...

Rgds,
BlackStallion
Miracle

お宅

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2008, 09:40:14 PM »

Sorry to say if things were fair, I wouldn't have been so miserable now too... Haiz... Life's like that...

EY

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2008, 09:51:58 PM »

Hi but what frustrate me the most was we were announced the winner, we were congratulated and then the twist came about.  Its obvious they don't wnat us to win!
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: