Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 02, 2024, 01:50:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Window handles dropping off  (Read 43717 times)
Mr Bean

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2007, 03:38:42 AM »

Help!

My windows handles are "taking turns" to drop off or break off. The windows are also slowly but surely coming misaligned frrom the window frames (probably due to inferior hinges). I am starting to have problems closing them.

I live in one of the "flowery named" blocks at the overhead bridge to sengkang.

Any of you have this problem with your windows?

How did you get it fixed?

Hi, Glad to have found this thread to share the same problem that i face.

And I urge those who have this problem to consolidate our voices & complaints whatever to demend for JUSTICE due us from HDB/Town Council. Clearly they are providing us with INFERIOR MATERIAL.

I moved into the flat Dec '04 , this is the 3rd handle of the windows have broken off and it upset me.

1) There are aorund 30 handles in my 5 rooms flat.
2) They are giving way one by one, you know that a matter of 1-2 year you probably would have to change most of it. head banging
3) It involves time & $ to get it fixed by sourcing HDB contractor..or ..DIY. The replacement cost from HDB appointed contractor cost aroud $20 each handle. mad

I am puzzled how quickly these handles are giving way merely less than 3 years. In fact i painstakingly hold the frame of the window whenever I close windows in order not to exert stress on the handles.I do not see why they are so fragile ,furthermore i maintain the hinges with lubricant frequently.

I questioned Town Council & the officer in charge told me that there are not 'many' residents have this problem,I wonder really ?? making me feel it's an isolated case.

However, I truly believe that if these are inferior material that built in ,is a matter of time you going to BLEED by replacing them.

I challenged the officer that the old estate that were built some 20 years ago hardly have this problem (even if this happen after some 20 years later is acceptable) but not within a few years. RIDICULOUS

And standard answer given like..there is only 1 year warranty. That is not the Point ! The point is it's a ISSUE of sub-standard that i want it to be rectified.

I was told by expert,the material is made not of 100% aluminium but a mixture of other component & therefore is lightweight.but then it's brittle ,if 100% aluminium it could only be bent but not broken. HDB knew about this too....there have been plenty of complaints around Blk 200+  .I have no idea how did they resolve this after that. Perhaps someone living there could share w us .

I intend to take picture of those broken handles,which torn at the same point & same pattern to send in to HDB .After all ,I am not buying a vacuum machine. Angry

Very Unhappy Customer.

Advertisement

Alaska

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2007, 03:46:24 AM »

I don't touch those window handles at all after 1 dropped off. Room windows closed all the time, Living room window opened 45 Deg all the time. Even rain or shine also never touch. Only go for holidays, then will touch the handles.

All the things which HDB provided seems very filmsy. 2 days ago, my bathroom glass holder, broken and fell for no reason. We never realised until entered into the bathroom.

The house here seems very dusty easily, so many spiders, so many dead insects, so many lizards sai, so many funny funny insects.
fsng0156

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2007, 04:12:41 AM »

Once awhile the window handle will be loose so I just the screw driver and tighten them.

you stayed on lower floor? My house used to have all sort of insects when I 1st move in but not anymore.

Sure dusty cause still surrounded by construction. Now re-laying the walkway make it worst.
tanmc

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2007, 02:16:28 AM »

My window handles also broke. We bought new handles at Home-Fix Compass Point for $4 each. They're not exactly the same, but usable. At least we can open and close our windows now. If you're thinking of buying from Home-Fix, bring along your window handles so the staff there can find the closest match.

I would also appreciate it if HDB would also replace the correct handles for us for free. I don't even mind paying some small fee just to have the correct handles (good quality please!) fixed back on.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: