Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 02, 2024, 05:21:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Several Police Reports Filed by Edgedale Plains Residents, Blk. 126, 128, 127  (Read 9876 times)
Omikeee

Ignore
« on: November 26, 2012, 07:50:11 AM »

Dear Punggol Residents,

Greetings! I would like to share with our community residents on the police reports filed against a few boys that has been causing much inconvenient to the some of the residents here. Many of your might have noticed some of these boys playing soccer at the multiple purposes hall at Blk. 126D. Some of us had been very accommodating with the loud noises but things started to get out of hand when they ignored the safety of the passengers and kids using the common walkways. A few occasions, the ball moving at an accelerated speed and almost hit some residents including kids. Police reports were made and the boys were told to play at the basket ball court instead. Without any concern of the safety of the community, the boys got arrogant and played roughly. Many grannies and grandpas often strolling with babies around that corner. It is a matter of time that a tragedy will occur.

Today, another police report were made as the boys' soccer ball almost hit a one-year old baby. They were advice to take the game to the the open field instead. But the boys just simply ignored as they know even the police can't do anything to them. When the resident try to reason with the boys, they responded in an ill-manned way. The incident were escalated as police were called in again. This time, the father of one of the boys even resulted to verbal abuse against the resident that filed the report without even listening to the incident. 

I guess we residents have to tolerated these inconvenient as the police can't do much. Be aware as these incidents will escalate in our neighborhood as the boys know they can get away with it. And their parents are supportive of their action! "So my question is..."is a basket ball court meant for football? if so, please put up a fencing around it."

Advertisement

Omikeee

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 04:08:17 AM »

Updates:

I have emailed to MP, Town Council and SPF and managed to get the relevant authority to agreed to put up a notice at the basketball court indicating "No Soccer Game". I would like to appeal to our Residents and would greatly appreciate if your can help to place some pressure on the kids that disregards the safety of the seniors and toddlers around that area. Or minimally, indicate to them no soccer game is allowed unless they play responsibly. Thanks.   
BlackStallion

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2012, 04:30:42 AM »

First they were told to play at basketball court, now you emailed MP, Town Council and SPF to put up 'no soccer game' sign at basketball court. Play at the field, there is a 'No ball games' sign. Duh??? Something not right here. Compared to basketball, soccer is a more popular sport in spore but how come so many basketball courts and no futsal/street soccer courts. The least they can do is put a waist height wall around the basketball court so it can be used for both soccer and basketball. Just my thoughts as I grew up playing soccer at void decks too....that said, the boys should be more careful when playing at those areas so as not to cause inconvenience to others...cheers...

Rgds,
BlackStallion
Omikeee

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2012, 12:19:57 AM »

Yes i agreed with you. Place up a fencing on the basketball court will solved the problem. I did express this option to Town Council. It'll be great if residents like you can put some pressure on town council by providing feedback to them. Let's be constructive!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: