Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 17, 2024, 06:46:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: puggol plaza basement budget value selling thing very expensive.....  (Read 7893 times)
Alaska

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2006, 05:34:02 AM »

I used to work in FMCG industry. NTUC is one "snooty" player in the retail market. becoz it has lotsa of outlets, government linked and command big market share. they always threaten suppliers to lower their prices so they can sell things at "lowest price".

when NTUC finds out that these suppliers are selling lower cost price to budget shops, provision shops and petrol kiosks, they threaten these suppliers and tell them if they sell at a price cheaper than they sell to NTUC, they will switch suppliers!! these suppliers of coz got scared, since NTUC is like premier customer and thus suppliers will up the selling prices to all the rest of the budget stores.

that's why you never see budget stores selling products that NTUC has at a lower price. coz suppliers no choice and NTUC threatens every suppliers and competitors. budget stores also need to make profit, with higher cost price comes higher selling price to consumers. unless, we have one such owner that is OK to have lower profits. but where got such people? charity ah?

How about Giant and Carrefour? The suppliers are being threatened by NTUC?

Advertisement

punggolboy

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2006, 11:21:25 PM »

NTUC = goverment-link.......no wonder suck blood.    No variety, so expensive and ppl have no choice.

Lets kick NTUC out of punggol and bring in Sheng siong......i'm sure the wet market stall holders will wet their pants too.....hehehe

When we went shopping at NTUC punggol.....so many things they don have....even as simple thing like ginger.  Their prawns.....no variety and soooooo expensive....fishes.....i think i can get better fish if i go fishing at punggol river...   Our wet market.....aiyoh....so small and closes in the afternoon....  No choice have to go to rivervale plaza wet market.   They sud revamp punggol plaza.

But, as usual......nothing is goin to change.....lets sob and sob and sob  Sad Sad Sad
crystal

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2006, 10:03:05 PM »

is that the reason why Budget Value has no choice, but to leave PP end of this mth?
elmo

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2006, 12:53:43 AM »

I used to work in FMCG industry. NTUC is one "snooty" player in the retail market. becoz it has lotsa of outlets, government linked and command big market share. they always threaten suppliers to lower their prices so they can sell things at "lowest price".

when NTUC finds out that these suppliers are selling lower cost price to budget shops, provision shops and petrol kiosks, they threaten these suppliers and tell them if they sell at a price cheaper than they sell to NTUC, they will switch suppliers!! these suppliers of coz got scared, since NTUC is like premier customer and thus suppliers will up the selling prices to all the rest of the budget stores.

that's why you never see budget stores selling products that NTUC has at a lower price. coz suppliers no choice and NTUC threatens every suppliers and competitors. budget stores also need to make profit, with higher cost price comes higher selling price to consumers. unless, we have one such owner that is OK to have lower profits. but where got such people? charity ah?

How about Giant and Carrefour? The suppliers are being threatened by NTUC?

Giant works the same platform as Sheng Shiong. They have suppliers from M'sia (if i am not wrong).
for Carrefour, you'll notice quite a lot of their items they sell you do not see them in NTUC. so NTUC can't do much. In fact, those similar items that Carrefour is selling are a few cents more than NTUC.

NTUC heck care you MNC or what... MNC petroleum company's convenience store, they will also step in! over 5 cents cheaper luncheon meat (which was only for a two week's promotion)!!!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: