Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
April 30, 2024, 05:31:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prevention of Insect (Kitchen Cabinet)  (Read 12009 times)

Ignore
« on: July 16, 2006, 12:46:19 AM »

You can buy the odourless insect prevention paper from those shop to lay before putting the plates. Those paper are harmless to people. After laying put some spices (star edge and cinnamon) into the cupboard. It can prevent insects and ants. Furthermore it has a pleasant smell.
For containers with sugar you can put rubberbands wrap round the bottle. The ants will not get into it cause of the rubber smell.
right now I am using cinnamon in my cabinet and is very efficient but only setback has to change every 2 months.

Advertisement

Angel

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2006, 02:04:04 PM »

sounds like a good idea.. Thanks 0209... my sugar is often attacked by ants  Tongue
punggolboy

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2006, 10:57:39 PM »

Thanks for the tips.

There's so many ants in my kitchen at Blk 166A.   I used Baygon's ants traps.....doesn't work   Sad

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2006, 04:24:26 AM »

For the cabinet this is the best solution and meanwhile for outside in the kitchen. You can buy a kind of chalk for ants one. Just draw a line at the common track which ants appear and they will not come any more. Ants usually use the same trail as they travel. That chalk can be bought at some shops but I bought mine at heartland mall hardware shop. Those tiles which have holes I will used the chalk to patch the hole and so far my house now is ants free. For bread and cakes I put them into a deep bowl or tupperware then into a plate of water. Cause when there is sugar around they will come after it very fast. Now my house is ants free except when my wife drops things.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: