Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 18, 2024, 06:22:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 39   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: noisy aircraft flying over Punggol  (Read 128335 times)
madtari

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: September 27, 2011, 09:15:00 PM »

hi all! i am digging out some old thread... haha...

so can u guys comment on the airplane noise recently? I heard from my friend who is staying in punggol area saying the noise is only occassionally leh... doesn't seems that bad as what is mentioned here... can someone shine some light on this? thanks! Smiley

Thinking of getting a condo in Punggol ?

nope, BTO...

Advertisement

limweech

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: September 27, 2011, 11:04:47 PM »

hi all! i am digging out some old thread... haha...

so can u guys comment on the airplane noise recently? I heard from my friend who is staying in punggol area saying the noise is only occassionally leh... doesn't seems that bad as what is mentioned here... can someone shine some light on this? thanks! Smiley

Thinking of getting a condo in Punggol ?

nope, BTO...

Do me a favour.. ask HDB, the seller, whether the Punggol BTO flats are under the F15SG flight path. Also, the NEF noise contour the flats fall under. They have an obligation to inform you. Please come back and paste the answer you get from HDB.

Allow me to paste a few of the advertisements from the seller advertising restful contemplation, quiet conversations and tranquil riverside living.

Waterway Brooks
"Alternatively, indulge in moments of restful contemplation or quiet conversations with your friends and loved ones at strategically-placed shelters and trellises."

Waterway Woodcress
Together, the name ‘Waterway Woodcress’ evokes an imagery of tranquil riverside living.

Let me recycle a rant I wrote when I came across Punggol Topaz BTO, which HDB calls "Exquisite, Elegant, Eco-friendly"

Would you want to know Punggol 21 is under the flight path of military fighter jets from Paya Lebar Airbase ? Several flights most days of the week, with the 1st flight at around 8am. Each flight, of several planes, produces noise of up to 90dBA for several minutes. If you leave for work before 730AM everyday, and work till 9pm, you will usually miss the planes. Unfortunately, your children will be at home, or attending school, in Punggol 21.

Each time the topic of noise from airplanes is brought up, inevitably, someone will smugly tell you, "Paya Lebar Airbase was there before Punggol 21, before any flats were built in Punggol 21. Who forced you to buy flat in Punggol 21? "

The problem with that argument, is that URA found Punggol 21 fit to be designated a residential area for the 21st century, and HDB found it fit and proper to build and sell flats in Punggol 21. In addition, HDB, a national agency, then neglected to inform buyers of a material fact. The material fact that Punggol 21 is under the flight path of military airplanes from Paya Lebar Airbase, and residents will be subjected to noise beyond what is usually reasonable in a residential area. The other problem with the argument, is that, wherever HDB builds, that is where flats are available. If you are in your 20s, a first-timer, and want an entry-level roof over your head, you go to HDB, you go where HDB builds. If HDB builds next to a rubbish dump, and tell buyers about the rubbish dump, there will still be buyers.

* Waterway_Brooks_Waterway_Woodcress_General_Info.pdf (4334.19 KB - downloaded 2072 times.)
Punggol flyer

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: November 26, 2011, 08:02:52 PM »

head banging agree! What quality living are we talking about when Punggol 21 seems to have all the hallmark of tranquil public housing living environment around ....came crashing down cos SAF seemingly could not seemingly find a better flying path.  Huh?
LWY

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: November 29, 2011, 07:40:12 AM »

Hi, i m frm b174a punggol, Sengkang sis not spared either)
ya! everynite there are planes flying above! So annoying..i don mean to be disrepectful, as our nation's progress and stability lie in their hands; infact v shld embrace their effort.
BUT, why arent we told abt these frequent trainings? Are they goin to be permanent? Obviously not.as such when are these flights goin to end or reduced?
Hai, my sleeping 18mths daughter always got disturbd by them....
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 39   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: