Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
April 30, 2024, 01:02:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Laundry Shop at PP (4th floor beside the dentist) - tore my curtains  (Read 16379 times)
atie

Ignore
« on: October 01, 2007, 08:26:24 AM »

Sent my curtains for dry cleaning at the laundry shop at punggol plaza on the 4th floor as I want them cleaned for Hari Raya. The lady at the shop (she can hardly speak English, i think she hails from China) was looking through the curtains, without even informing me, she tried to see if the material of the curtain is suitable for dry cleaning, and she made a few holes on my curtain! and what's worse the holes made were right in the middle part of the curtain.

I was surprised and asked her why did she do dat. the reason given was that she wanted to see if the material can be dry washed. After that she told me that they cannot clean my curtains. Then she went to see another plastic bag of curtain (made of different material) and did the same thing!! I was mad!! I told her that she should have asked me first and even then she could have tried the material at the side of the curtain and not right in the middle of it!!

I eventually spoke to the owner on the phone as I was mad and she said she could not understand English. The owner told me that since he was not there, he cannot be sure what really happened even though I explained to him exactly what had happened. I told him that the lady could have informed me what she wanted to do and could have done at the side, even then if it was  torn a bit it will not be so bad. I asked him what he was going to do and he kept on repeating that he could NOT do anything. I asked for compensation but he refused saying that I could report it to small tribunal claims!!! That made me lost my temper and I shouted at him. What am I going to do for Hari Raya??? no curtains?? and for your info I've sent the same curtain for drycleaning at the same shop before but it came back fine!!! And there was no "testing" of material last time!! If she really thought that the material was not suitable, she should have just informed me and I will accept her reason or try another laundry shop!!

Now my husband is thinking about reporting this to CASE! It may not be worth it, but then again I think the authorities should know what kind of BADDDD!!! service this company is offering!!

SO to all of you, don't send your laundry there!! Do it at your own risk!! I sent some a few time, but they came back ok!!! but after this experience I will NEVER go back there! There is simply no service!!! The owner did not even offer an apology, and was angry that I raised my voice!! How can I not raised my voice when he said he could not do anything and that what was he going to do if many customers would come and ask for compensation!!! If he at least tried to offer some form of compensation or tried to think of some way to make the situation better, I will not be so mad at him!!

The lady worker is so incompatible for the job and such bad service for someone who claims to have 20 years of experience in laundry!! So DON'T send your laundry there.

Has anyone had such bad experience like this before??

Advertisement

Weiss

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2008, 03:26:44 AM »

I am glad that i am not the one who kanna rottern service from this shop...dont worry lar..just dont use their service anymore...go somewhere else..
Alaska

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 08:43:54 AM »

I think the root of the problem is the service lady who doesn't have enough proper training in interpersonal skills, how to interact with customers, etc.
Jessy

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2008, 07:36:02 PM »

Besides the required technical skills to do a job well, it's so important for service personnel to be conversationally proficient in English as not all customers can speak Mandarin. But looking atie's encounter, it seems that the laundry shop staff does not even have the industry knowledge! How can she poke holes in the middle of the curtain??
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: