Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
April 28, 2024, 08:06:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 36   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Illegal left turn at traffic junction exiting to TPE to Pasir Ris  (Read 119740 times)
Fire76

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2007, 01:22:34 AM »

Video of left turn at traffic junction

http://www.punggol.sg/gallery/displayimage.php?album=2&pos=148

Note the pedestrian light is green. Very dangerous for pedestrians as well.

Wah sai Lim, we were just talking about this issue last night during the meetup and here you have the video...steady lor...

Advertisement

limweech

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2007, 01:48:01 AM »

At what time did you take that video?

7 Jun 07 820am.

there's another interesting video.. showing a sbstransit bus.. will post it in a new thread.
mrmoon

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2007, 04:19:11 AM »

Actually I have seen TP stationed somewhere after the turn for a few times in Mar-Apr period to monitor the situation and noting down number plates (I supposed). Thereafter, the illegal turnings reduced significantly, but the problem came back again just a week or so after the TP stopped coming.

I was told that the TP came cause one of our residents wrote/call to TP a few times but I'm not sure if he is the only one doing reporting this problem to TP.

The situation is better now due to school holidays but I'm quite sure the illegal turning problem will come back once school reopens. I hope a long term solution can be work out to stop these irresponsible drivers from making illegal left-turn, such acts endanger the safety of the road users and also slow down significantly the flow of traffic for those drivers following the rules.

waterpoint

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2007, 05:47:05 AM »

One way is to take pictures of those who make illegal left turn urself & sent them to TP.

Do you think the TP will pay per photo if anyone can station there taking pictures ?

If so, I will take leave on Monday and snap these drivers ! Cashing in on Monday blues !

I'll take video ... what's the rate for video Huh?

Thought by thought and action by action ...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 36   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: