Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 21, 2024, 12:02:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Funny Smell in the evening  (Read 7069 times)
yadeline

Ignore
« on: November 29, 2010, 11:10:29 AM »

Dear Resident,
do you notice the funny smell on some evenings .. take for example today 29 Nov 2010. The last time there were people talking about it..http://www.punggol.sg/forum/complaints/funny_smell-t4753.90.html which is like 13 pages.. but nothing was done... can we gather a petition and bring this up to Penny and NEA and insist they find the root cause?  What is our government doing? They know how to draw high salary and fat bonus.. but never capable to solve our problem.

Boast so much of their productivity... on simple job. But difficult job like this.. they only chicken out.. so long still nothing gets done.

I am bearing withe 2 types of smell ( one is like chemical burning smell, and another is like waste food "Punggol pig farm"  buring smell )  and is only at night " 8pm or 11pm.. I believe the monitoring stations  at Pei Hwa Secondary School in Sengkang  is switch off after 8pm.. that's why all these foul smell start coming out.. Why must the resident here suffers???

Let's gather together..... and stop this.

Advertisement

ken

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2010, 09:39:47 AM »

Hi Yadeline,

Finally meet someone with a sensitive nose to take notice of this problem, by the way there is 4 types of smell not two. 1) chemical smell 2) Sai smell 3) Fishy smell and 4) light exhaust smell. Also it's not just 8 to 11pm, be it day or night it's there. Sometime i thought its from the industries nearby , but worse even sunday or middle of the night it will just blow into our front window.

I have kids and i have to close the window almost now and then, this is a sick place !! Cursing.
Well two years back already bring this up to MP, you know what, they say NEA say ok, still healthy level.
I ask for the NEA report, you know what's the reply. "Even show you the report you can't understand all the chemical content". You may make request to NEA for the report.
This kind of reply, you are right. They not staying here, they not breathing this shit day in and day out !

With this sort of reply in a forum, what action you expect them to do ?  In short, they telling you breath in don't worry so much.
I have decided to get out of this town. Sorry it's not punggol 21 heathly life style, it's the other way.
By the way, the smell is still in the air at this very moment. I happen to go PP and it smell there too. ... a bit like car exhaust.
I gave up.
I suggest you buy a air filter.

limweech

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 08:19:54 AM »

News report1 from ChannelNewsAsia states that NEA is setting up volatile organic compounds monitoring system in Yishun, ready by end Feb 2011, following complaints by residents in Yishun of smell on 30 Jan 2011. Source of smell speculated to be outside Singapore.

From http://www.windfinder.com/forecast/paya_lebar we can see the wind direction at Paya Lebar Airbase is mostly from northeast during this time of year, with a few hours from directly north. If the source of the smell is from Pasir Gudang, Punggol gets the smell mostly at night, while Yishun gets it during the day.. assuming the pollutants is generated 24 hours a day.

From http://www.windfinder.com/windstats/windstatistic_singapore_changi.htm we see wind comes from North, and Northeast from Nov to Apr. The wind changes direction, coming from South, Southwest, in May, and last till Oct.

reference:

1.   http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1108098/1/.html
      NEA sets up gas monitoring system at Yishun
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: