Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 17, 2024, 03:30:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Encounter With A Sec Student  (Read 21616 times)
Vivien Wong

Ignore
« on: July 22, 2007, 03:41:30 AM »

Wanted to share and hear your view.

I went to McD Rivervale Mall yesterday at 11 am. My hubby went to order and I stand right infront of a mother (with my baby inside the baby pram) as she has finished her meal, and was waiting for her daughter to finished hers. Sitting on the same table, across her, was a sec girl student, reading the latest Harry Potter book.

It was very obvious that I'm going to take up her seat. Not too long after that, she lefted, and I took up her seat, trying to place my two long umbrellas at one corner, and my baby pram along the way.

10 mins later when my hubby was trying to place the food on the table, and I went to wash my hands, that sec girl talk to my hubby.

When I returned and seated besides him, then only I'd realised why .. Below was the converstaion between the three of us.

Me: Why? You acidentally knocked on her is it? (Cause mostly stranger don't talk to you if not necessary)
Hubby: No, she was asking why we sit down without asking her
Me: *Looking at her blankly
Student: Do you know it was very rude of you to sit here without asking me? (With an arrogant face)
Hubby: If so, you should have said so when she tries to sit down
Student" But you still have to ask me first
Hubby: Then why you didn't ask her when she sits down? Why?
Student: *Speechless but .. Don't think that you are adults that means you can be rude. So uneducated
Hubby: Yes, I am uneducated, so don't talk to me. Don't talk to me
Student: I pity your baby

At this point of time, I'm boiling inside ..
Me: And I pity your mum for having a daughter like you (why drag my baby in when it's between us)

Silent for a few minutes before she open her mouth again

Student: So inconsiderate and uneducated
Me: We are just having our meal and not disturbing you. Even if I were to ask, I should be asking that lady who've just lefted, not you
Student: How would you know that there's no one joining me? You should ask
Me: If you are so considerate and so educated, you should have left when you have finished your drink (weekends has more crowd)
Student: I have left my keys at home, not able to return home, and I'm going to order again later that is why I'm staying. For your info, the staff here did not even chase me out (she's talking as if we are chasing her away)
Hubby: You not happy, go and complainla
She looks a bit worry, and her volume decreased but ..
Student: I'm not going to complain
Hubby: Then what you want now? What?
Me: If your are considerate, you can sit elesewhere, not here when you have finished your drink. You go ask other people, who's being rude

Can't remember what she said after that, but I was so upset with this incident, but I take this chance to said to my hubby "Seela, your educated Singaporean student .." Cos he likes to criticise M'sian students as uneducated, knows nothing.

Throughout our conversation, I tremble, yes tremble. I am not shouting to her, but whenever there's confrontation, I can't take it, somehow makes me weak even when I have nothing to be afraid nor that I'm wrong.

I really feel like changing a table, but it was crowded and if we walk away, she would have think that we are wrong. No choice, have to endure her, occasionally look at us with an arrogant face, as if we owe her something.

Really feel like slapping her, the problem is between us, why drag my baby in? Idiot girl. If my sister talk like that to stranger, I sure slap her. Let her know what can be said, what can't.

When we left Rivervale Mall after shopping, she was still sitting there, with no one sitting with her, and she's not eating nor having anyone joining her as well.

But after we've completed a survey conducted by AC Nielsen for Rivervale Mall, she's gone.

Really doesn't know what happened to her. If she really wants the table on her own badly, she should have told me when I was fidgeting with my umbrella, and talking to my baby. Not possible that she didn't realise my existence, or is it simply because she wants people to seek her permission to share a table even though it was obvious that she's just reading, and no one is joining her?

Back at home, I even asked my hubby are we wrong for few times. If we are those people who likes to complain every now and then, we would have shouted at her to make a move, being not considerate of not leaving when there's so many people looking for a table. Some more dare to give me faces. Spoil my mood.

Have been telling my hubby maybe we have bad karma with her in previous lives, so got scolded for nothing. Haiz.

Advertisement

H2OSeekers

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2007, 05:36:38 PM »

Don't blame yourselves. Students nowadays have less EQ. My wife and I had a confrontation 1 year ago with a male and female students at HDB Hub, earlier there was a person that pressed both buttons and finally decided not to take the lift. We were waiting for the lift and when the lift door opened, I waited as it was going up and not down to the carpark. The boy peeked out of the door and passed a comment like 'stupid people, want to go down, press up'. That got my blood boiling, I prevented the lift door from closing and I confrontated him carrying my 2-year old son, I asked him whether did he see me pressing the buttons. He sheepishly say no. Then I say that statement was both rude  and uncalled for. He stupidly and angrily mentioned he was saying it to someone else. And I told him that there were no one other than my wife at the lift lobby. I told him to be on his way and not be like that again. Just before the lift door closed, he say the four letter word, luckily I managed to open the lift door and asked him for his school name, he timidly challenged me to a fight. I told him that was stupid of him. I passed my son to my wife and I told him in a calm and stern voice, so now what do you want? His GF quickly pressed the door close button and I could see the relief on both their faces.

During this confrontation, I spotted a class monitor badge on the gal and also the school name on their exercise book. So I lodged a complaint with the school. The discipline teacher and OM were both useless. My information like in shorts (Lower secondary level), female class monitor, followed by a detailed description of their facial features. They mentioned that they have only 4 female monitors in the entire lower sec, I told them to interview each one, they should be able to single one out. Till today, nothing.
tritonxv

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2007, 02:44:37 AM »

Nowadays I don't know what they teach in school....The Discipline Master and the Principal are useless. They are so scared to punish the student because they worry the parents of the student will lodge a complaint against them. So who's fault ?
 mad mad mad mad mad mad

"To err is human, To forgive is divine."
da

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2007, 03:17:51 AM »

difficult to say whose fault. whether its the student or discipline master, principal or parents. if we take it further, can also say its MOE fault for allowing parents complaints to work against the principal. depends on the culture.. the way things are in Singapore, or in cities in general.. everyone must suck up to their supervisor, and make no mistakes; and must boast, and make presentations, and step on other people then get promotions. cannot get complaints.. get complaints will affect career, doesnt matter whether you are right or wrong.

our children are growing up in this environment.

devil's advocate
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: