Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 21, 2024, 01:48:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dogs & Owners gathering at park EVERYDAY! Blk 185  (Read 4643 times)
crazecatz

Ignore
« on: May 18, 2009, 12:04:15 AM »

I recently moved to Blk 174 and the reason why i moved there in the first place is because of the tranquil and serene environment of the place, despite a street soccer cage at the park.  I was assured that the lights are out at 10pm but turns out this is least of my worries.

EVERYDAY a group of dog owners (around 5-6) will bring their dogs to the park (beside Greendale Sec School) around 10.30-11pm, i think around Blk 185 & 186.  The dogs will chase each other and bark continuously, this triggers a 'chain barking' of the rest of dogs around the blks.  Once at 3am the barking went on for 30 mins and nobody do a single thing!!  Yes, i was kept awake the whole time even though i'm not a light sleeper.  I can even hear the collar bells of the dogs when i'm lying on my bed.  Even i'm staying on high floor but sounds still travel and my all bedrooms are facing the park.  Imagine the noise when you are trying to rest and at the same time afraid that your children might wake up from their sleep.

I'm not a dog hater, in fact an animal lover. But i beg all pet owners to be socially responsible as the blame will usually go to your pet first.  You want to hang out at the park, by all means BUT don't do it when everyone are sleeping!!! That's very inconsiderate! mad You can bring your dogs down around dinner time or even 9pm but leave after that!  And for those with dogs at home, when your dog start barking furiously for more than 5 mins, please calm them down and NOT let them go on with the chain barking.

With all these considerations, we then can have a happier staying environment.  Cool

PS: Again, i reiterate that i'm not bias towards dogs. 

Advertisement

sybersons

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 07:00:39 AM »

u can try buying heavy materials for your curtains and it should go some way to muffle the noise.

that should help a little.

i don't have a dog now but can understand why they hang out there.
no where else as conducive.
crazecatz

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 03:09:26 AM »

u can try buying heavy materials for your curtains and it should go some way to muffle the noise.

that should help a little.

i don't have a dog now but can understand why they hang out there.
no where else as conducive.

Thanks for your suggestion but we'r living in a hot climate and i don't turn on aircon everyday, so covering it with thick curtains are definitely not an option right?

As i said, the dog owners can bring their dogs ANYWHERE but please consider the timing when doing so.  I won't totally mind if they want to bring their dogs at 1am during weekends!
Steward

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 08:00:02 AM »

This is why I always think that punggol shd hv a mini dog run away frm the housing estate.Dog owners can bring their dogs there to mingle n at the same time residents of punngol will nt be disturb in the middle of the nite.Since punggol is going to develop into a recreation spot like east coast n hv lands to spare.,with so many dog owners in punggol...a mini dog run like a mini basketball court wont cause any harm.Will any one pls bring this to the MP 4 suggestion.Just an idea.I really thinking into writing this to MP,just need some support. winked
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: