Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
April 25, 2024, 03:52:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dishonest & Arrogant DIY Shop Owner @ Punggol Coralinus  (Read 9434 times)
grievance

Ignore
« on: May 27, 2011, 02:55:29 AM »

Dishonest & Arrogant DIY Shop Owner @ Punggol Coralinus! (Block 301, near Sheng Siong)  mad
(Pictures included at the end of this post)

I'd like to give warning base on my recent experience especially to the residence of Punggol that there is a dishonest and arrogant shop owner who doesn't own up his mistakes and still have the cheek to scold customer back.

Last month I was in this DIY shop looking for a silicon gel to fix up the leak for my water piping, he approach me and ask me what am I looking for, so I tell him my problem. Instead of the usual silicon gel that cost for around $4 to $6, he highly recommend me some kind of Adhesives Spray that cost $10, and he told me it is very good and easy to use particular for my problem than using the silicon gel. So I take his advice and made payment.

After using it, then I realized the spray is more of a hole filler rather than a hole sealer, as the spray will expand by itself to fill up the hole. Needless to say, it messes up my piping and is now kind of look like growing with an ugly bee hives.

So I bring it back the next day to request for a refund or exchange for other items, he declined it and blame it to the supplier. So I leave the spray with the shop owner to ask him to follow up with the supplier, he reluctantly took it and tells me to come back in the next month and that was 3 weeks after that.

When I am back he told me the supplier doesn't want to be responsible for it, so I ask for his supplier's contact but he said he doesn't have it and ask me to come back again next week. I’m thinking how can a shop owner doesn’t have his supplier’s contact number, although I don't believe it but no choice.

The next week came and he tell me that the supplier doesn't want to give me his contact as he doesn't want to entertain me, and instead he also scold me that it is my own fault that I never read carefully before buying it. Yes, in some ways it is true but the product descriptions and information are too small to read and also too lengthy, I believe most people will not take the time to read all the small wordings that was usually squeezed to the can size, imagine it is similar like the wordings on most other chemical spray. And therefore, I fall into the trap and believe the shop owner, never know that he is such an irresponsible and dishonest person.

I gave up and ask the shop owner to return me the adhesive spray but he said that it was with the supplier. How would the supplier want to take my adhesives spray away when the supplier doesn’t want to entertain me? I know the shop owner is lying and I believe he put his words on his supplier’s mouth.

I felt he is toying with me and all along I believe he had never taken the effort to contact the supplier. And I also felt it was the shop owner who misled me into buying his more expensive product in a dishonest way, and when the result fails to deliver as what he promised, he doesn’t want to admit his mistakes.

Until now the adhesive spray was still with the shop owner which I don’t think I will get it back and I also don’t want to see the sight of this arrogant shop owner. So beware when you happens to shop there, make sure you know what you are buying and don’t let the shop owner misled you, because once you bought the wrong item, don’t expect you can return it or exchange.

* Home DIY Store.JPG (1703.04 KB, 2592x1936 - viewed 13260 times.)

* Home DIY Store - Arrogant Boss.JPG (1581.66 KB, 2592x1936 - viewed 4678 times.)

Advertisement

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: