Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 07, 2024, 04:35:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Charged by content provider who keep sms u and charge u for $4 per sms!  (Read 1981 times)
blursotong

Ignore
« on: January 09, 2009, 09:20:32 PM »

Do anyone of you have received such sms for quiz, ' they said that if u able to answer the question and reply to them, u will have a chance to win a MacBook....for unsub, pls reply to XXXX' , or download wall paper, games... etc.

When I received such a sms, normally I will just ignore and delete it off, but, to my surprise is recently, I notice that this company keep charging me for $4 per sms that they send to me thru my handphone bill without my acknowledgement even I never reply to them at all.

I have contacted my line operator, they said they can't do anything abt it, it is 3rd party content provider who charge me for that, I can call the 'content provider' to discuss abt the termination & the refund of the charges. I am really dissapointed, since when i have subscribe for such services.... and they just charge automatically thru my phone bill, my phone bill is deducted automatically fm my credit card, only untill I chk my handphone bill then I realise it.

The end, the 'Content Provider' company's officer call me up, said they are willing to waive 50% off from the bill, but... why must I pay for the other 50% which I was not agreed at the 1st place? Then, the officer just said, since you do not agree with our suggestion to you, then, you have to accept to pay for the full payment loh...   

I feel that I been robbed, they have sms quite a numbers sms, and each sms will charge $4 x time = xxxxx !!!!

You may read more abt the complaint abt this issue fm: http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/archive/index.php/t-1776588.html

But, seems like no action been take to stop all this... 

' And it WASN'T just in one forums but many!

Apparently, as long as they send you SMSes you pay S$4/sms! And NO, it's not a one off thing. After you join ( strange things that sometime, u dun even know u have joined! or subsribe! ), as long as they keep sending, whether you continue participating in the contest (as in answer the questions) or not becomes secondary - YOU STILL GOTTA PAY THEM for sending you the questions! zZz

Paying to send out SMSes is understandable, but WTH paying to receive them is just... UNACCEPTABLE!

Talk about reading the fine prints...

So, for those who are still paying for this and have no idea how to unsubscribe from it, this is how:

... To stop service? text STOP to 72233.

Take note of this,

This is an ongoing subscription quiz service until user quits.

And,

Subscription: you will receive 3 SMS questions per week, S$4 per SMS question received.

* So to warn u guys... chk yr handphone bill before u pay, terminate auto pay by credit card or Giro, it will be too late once u found out .. and nothing can be done by the TELCO

Can anyone of you who ever encounter such situation, can give me an advise how do you deal with them to get the refund? 

Thank you.

Advertisement

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: