Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
April 28, 2024, 08:23:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: unpleasant smell in Punggol and Sengkang  (Read 17249 times)
pgcentral

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2008, 10:08:26 AM »

a burden to you?

erm, you seems to have only complaints for punggol... so wondering why you have not shifted out to other estates which you might find them better...  chitchat

l]

Advertisement

Alaska

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2008, 10:17:30 AM »

seems like you are having a bad attitude in starting a personal attack.
Call yourself a so called 'friendly' moderator in other neighbourhood forums with such choosing to give a personal attack in this forum. Don't be a hypocrite lah.....

Respect the thread starter to continue with his/her topics. You are spoiling the whole thread with such off-topic postings. Shameless.
jo

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2008, 10:29:33 AM »

Hey Guys,

Recently moved to Punggul Block Central.
Around the area of Punggol & Sengkang, there is some smell almost everyday from 6~8 PM till next Morning.
This is really unpleasant one and it might be some chemical..

Anyone knows where this smell comes from ? I am really worried. What if it causes a health problem.
Once get home every evening, I can not open the windows.

Am I too much sensitive ??

THANKS..

there is also mist in punggol area in the late evenings..especially if you drive through from sengkang east way
da

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2008, 02:43:13 PM »

i think the mist is good. its comes from all the vegetation in the area. its still there at sunrise, then will dissipate as the sunlight heats up the place.. i think Smiley

but yes ylee28, there is unpleasant smell in Punggol. not sure about the source.. but there's the river, the factories in Malaysia etc. look around in the forum, you can find photos of the chimneys of nearby factories, which are burning off pollutants as the gas gets released.. byproducts of manufacturing.. probably quite a bit of the pollutants still gets released, and we can smell it. NEA claims there's no significant air pollution. i think the nearest air monitoring station is in a school in Sengkang.

lots of people complain about the noise pollution from airplanes, and that gets addressed, in the form of getting residents to accept the noise. instead of reducing the noise, we are told it is necessary, and whatever can be done to reduce the noise is already done. i think its not acceptable unless we get access to data on why the air force thinks it has already done its best, and compare to say, airbases in USA. Singapore government likes benchmarking, i would like to see it here.

however, there hasn't been anything about the air pollution.. probably very few people complain about it.

for the "old" residents here who don't know what smell we are talking about.. just think of all the times when you think there's something burning in the house.. look and look.. can't find anything.. that's the smell we are talking about. its coming from outside your house.

devil's advocate
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: