Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
April 27, 2024, 01:32:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TPE Noise effecting Punggol residents  (Read 30313 times)
limweech

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2011, 11:02:17 PM »

Quote from: "Tan Wee Hock"
http://www.straitstimes.com/STForum/Story/STIStory_605840.html

Nov 22, 2010
Traffic noise under LTA's purview

LAST Tuesday's article ('Wanted: Sound ideas to cut traffic noise') gives readers the impression that the National Environment Agency (NEA) is responsible for traffic noise.

We wish to highlight that traffic noise comes under the purview of the Land Transport Authority (LTA), which conducts noise-impact assessments for road and MRT development projects as part of its evaluation of traffic projects.

NEA is facilitating the calling of the tender for the study which comprises the LTA, Urban Redevelopment Authority, Housing Board, National Parks Board and SMRT.

Tan Wee Hock
Director
3P Network/Corporate Communications
National Environment Agency

Following from http://app2.nea.gov.sg/topics_noise.aspx (Last updated: 08/05/2008, retrieved 17/01/2011)

Noise Pollution

In order to ensure a safe and enjoyable environment for all residents and visitors to Singapore, NEA regulates the levels of permissible noise from construction sites, industrial operations and traffic.

Advertisement

limweech

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2011, 10:33:40 PM »

http://www.straitstimes.com/PrimeNews/Story/STIStory_631068.html
Feb 3, 2011
PLANNED NORTH-SOUTH EXPRESSWAY
LTA assures residents about noise
MP says it will look into various ways to cut noise from expressway
By Goh Chin Lian

To cut the noise, the Land Transport Authority (LTA) will consider putting in screens to deflect traffic noise away from homes

An LTA spokesman confirmed that the NSE would have to comply with the National Environment Agency's standards for road traffic noise, capped at 67 decibels.
pvsrnaidu

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2011, 01:34:50 AM »

Dear All ,

I have been continuously writing to authorities and  below is the recent letter to LTA . i was very excited to recive a call from an LTA officer with in 2 days time , But disappointed with the discussion . During my conversation with hime , The officer said they know very well that there is such problem in our city country but he didnt really metioned about what kind of steps they are taking against it . Surprisinglly he sais " if you want us to lookinto this , you also must give back to us someting like information of licence plate ,photographs .... may be a need to standin as witness for court trials ... ." so i told him , since i am doing it for welfare of our country i am ok to do alll and requested few things like some authorisation to collect the information of bike / cars , so that if the owners of the bikes offend me while taking photos/noting the licence plate number , i can show them some legal authority to protect myself on the spot against any physical attack . Also if i want to capture the photo of a bike in highway normal camera wont help .

So finally i got disappointed with his convesration , which was warning me clearly that LTA dont help me in this kind of situation and ended the call .

I really want somebody to advise , which gvernament body i can seek help from . Being a citizen of a firstworld comepettaing country , if i left helpless ........i dont know what to say .

Among all this , i alwyas wonder , there are few hundread amilies living on the TPE bank & yet none of them complain ? or did they do all what i a doing now and become helpless and give up ?

Dear All ,

here is one more article on the Noise . I really hope that some good solution to put stop to every minute pain will be on the way  .

I am not really keen  if its LTA/NEA/HDB/TP ............ as long somebody can get us relefe from the day killing ear pain.......

Cheers...

* Illegally Modified Exhausts.doc (28 KB - downloaded 474 times.)
vistarian

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2011, 05:29:51 AM »

I have noted that at certain late night(around 11 pm-midnight), a
motorcyclist,  and sports car,  would be screaming loudly down
Punggol Central. 

I noted its always the same bike,  and  'loud engine' car.   

Unfortuately, my block is abit far away frm the main road
so I cannot see the number plates of these vehicle.

If you can, please  take note  the licence plate of these vehicles
and give them to Traffic Police dept.  Or take a video and send to
TP. 

We do this for the sake of our little kids - and people who need to wake up
early in the morning to work.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: