Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 07, 2024, 03:05:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The frequent aircraft noise is becoming a nuisance  (Read 24545 times)
panda

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2006, 01:00:45 AM »

Personnally, I find it quite silly to complain about the aircraft noise. The airport has been here all along. Anyone thinking of moving into Punggol can have a look at a map and see that the path for the airport goes right by here and there will be noise from the airplanes on take off and landing. It's a matter of simple due dilligence before making such a significant decision and spending that much money.

Buying a place here, move in and THEN start complaining about the aircraft noise that has been there all along is just plain silly IMO.

And just to be clear, yes I do live on the east side of Punggol (64* blocks), and yes I did check before deciding to buy here and even though I can still be a bit annoyed when the planes fly over, I knew about it before hand and can live with it.

Just my 2 cents....

Advertisement

vincentchua2412

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2006, 10:05:35 AM »

Aiyah,complaining is fun. It's the best way to past time.
You know,I actually chose punggol for the chance to complain about the aircraft noise?? Grin Grin Grin
Mikel

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2006, 10:35:34 AM »

I do understand that we are living near the airbases but do they have to fly so low that my window panes vibrate and I'm not even living in the upper floors.  Also, sometimes the planes fly over over 8+pm/9pm.  The noise is deafening!  My bb was frightening by the noise several times and ended up screaming ...
vincentchua2412

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2006, 09:58:59 AM »

It's actually 800ft AGL.I'm staying at 166B top floor,not so bad lah.

They would need to go lower to land,can't just drop down, right.?
But that's only when they are on final. Our blocks of flat is on the downwind leg's.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: