Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 09, 2024, 02:03:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: STAMPEDE in LRT!!!  (Read 24486 times)
les_petite_thing

Ignore
« on: February 11, 2007, 10:09:04 AM »

Hi,
I like to give my 2 cent worht of feedback:-  I always take the LRT to Punggol MRT every Morning and evening. The LRT only goes in 1 direction either before 3pm or after 3 pm.

I noticed that during the peak hour in the morning and evening the LRT is always very pack. Wondering if there is any chance the LRT can operate both ways. Reasons:-

1. Frankly speaking, there no space for you to breath.

2. In a emergancy, there will be stampede or you won't have a chance to know or look out of the windows of what is going to happen. (It did happen to me once in the LRT. I manage to look out then I realised that another train is coming towards my train as my train was having technical problem and it did not move at all.)

3. Punggol is a new town with lots of newly wedded couples. Most of them have children either in the prams or carrying them. When 2-3 prams comes into the LRT, practically, there isn't much space for the rest of the passgenger to get into the LRT.

4. As I mentioned, there are also lots of pregnant women. There not enough seats if the LRT is Full. FYI there only 18 seats and most of them are already occupied at the first stop. (BTW, I think MRT / LRT should comes out with a poster or something to encourage Singaporean to offer a seat to the poor pregnant women instead of letting her standing all the way. It is because is dangerous for them to stand as people might bump into their tummy which can cause miscarriage.)

Those of us who takes LRT, will notice that the LRT will jerk at certain route. It is dangerous for pregnant women and mothers with infants!

I hope SMRT can look into this matter- operate both ways at peak hours or do something abt it. It really helps us to have a safe and pleasant journey. Thank You.

Don't you agree punggolean?

Advertisement

Alaska

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2007, 08:00:54 PM »

Since you feel that way, have you make a feedback to SMRT?
SERENERIC

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2007, 01:10:30 AM »

I believe that feedback will be fruitless.
The reason for this arrangement is due to poor ridership, especially during off-peak hours.
It is simply not economical for sbs transit.  Sad

Alaska

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2007, 03:35:45 AM »

Only for the peak hours, more frequent, every 1 min.....1 train
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: