Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 08, 2024, 01:36:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Potted plants which caused accident  (Read 11205 times)
Bubblesha

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2009, 06:20:16 PM »

ok, maybe let your children be friendly a bit and you do the first step. like eg. you child birthday invite them and his kid over for  a small home cook and cake.how u think ...or let your children have goodies and then act and try to share with the indian kid next door. chitchat
At the least expect them to mop the floor.
Yeah, last few years when i moved in. I invitd them for open hse, two of my kids baby shower, birthday parties and they nevr turnd up. I guess they just dun like me stayg there ... Dun knw leh. My unit was left vacant 4 1yr although we have e keys earlier for e new flat.
I tink they could also be paisey bcos wife always quarell with hubby late at night, drama- with throwg things arnd. Cant sleep when 1st move in. At times she even scoldd maid loudly..haiz.. When in gd mood, they will turn on e music loudly or their hindi songs loudly. When my kids say hello to the boys, they will hide their kids. Just dun knw wat they haf against me and family.

Advertisement

BlackStallion

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2009, 12:46:31 AM »

If we were to think of it, shouldn't the flooring be made of non-slippery materials by the contractors in the 1st place? Singapore is a country where rain fall is above average, and once it rains, the flooring (tiles) are so slipppery that even I have to walk really slowly especially at the lift lobby.

As for your case, when the TC does its block washing, do they dry the floor for us? Definitely not right, so my point is what is a bit of water from the plants compared to the TC washing? Did you complain to the TC when they are the cause of the wet floor? Sorry but I'm just making a simlpe comparison.

So I think the issue is more of the flooring, there's no wrong with keeping potted plants at the corridor. And if the water from the pot cascades down to your door, then I think the fault again lies with the contractors. They should make it at an incline so that water goes to the drain. But then again, almost all blocks are facing the same thing.The standard of the contractors are bad.

However if I understand clearly, this sounds more of neighbours not accomodating each other. Suggest you and your neighbour start to be more friendly and it will definitely be a better place for both of you.

Rgds,
BlackStallion
da

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2009, 02:22:23 AM »

i think a corridor is common property. if want to put anything, whether it is table and chair, shoe rack, or plant, it will be courteous to ask neighbours who might be affected for permission. simply putting things out in the corridor is like land grab. it is an aggressive act, and also cause inconvenience to neighbours

1 household enjoy having decorative plants, another household loses out

very often, the advise given is for the victim to give in, and to be friendly to the aggressor. why?

suggestion: whoever wants to use common property such as corridor space need to apply for permit, and pay rental for use of the space. person applying for use need to provide justification, and neighbours to be informed of the application, and has veto rights.

devil's advocate
Bubblesha

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2009, 05:48:16 AM »

If we were to think of it, shouldn't the flooring be made of non-slippery materials by the contractors in the 1st place? Singapore is a country where rain fall is above average, and once it rains, the flooring (tiles) are so slipppery that even I have to walk really slowly especially at the lift lobby.

As for your case, when the TC does its block washing, do they dry the floor for us? Definitely not right, so my point is what is a bit of water from the plants compared to the TC washing? Did you complain to the TC when they are the cause of the wet floor? Sorry but I'm just making a simlpe comparison.

Get ur point there but if there is block washg we can clearly see the whole floor is slippery and wet but in tis case we a are talkg about small portion of area that we cant even see there's water there. What abt children of age 3yrs and 5yrs? As u cn see frm the picture the water are nt that obvious. Talkg abt the space and my gate..i always have trble moving my bicycle in because i cant expand my gate and it will difinitely knock the vase dwn till we have to shift it for them.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: