Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 20, 2024, 08:09:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Overhead Bridges  (Read 25718 times)
mysticryan

Live life to the FULLEST!!!

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2007, 12:08:44 PM »

I would not want to debate on this as its really consider as thread being highjack soley for our debating purpose... I just felt that traffic lights and overhead bridge are build for a reason n we shud utilize them so as not to endanger anybody... auntie or not... old or young... just use the traffic light n overhead bridge for safety reason.

I am just sharing my case n encounter. period.

Advertisement

Confuz

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2007, 06:40:30 AM »

True that they should use the traffic lights and overhead bridges for safety reasons.
But have we forgotten anything?
We are talking about the elderly people here.
Time has deteriorate their health, which makes some of them hard to climb overhead bridges.
For those using the LRT stations still ok becos there is lift for tem to take.
But how about examples like the overhead bridges besides the church?
After taking a bus from the Punggol MRT station, alighting after the church and crossing the road might be encountered by most people.
For young people, making sure no cars and ten cross is simple. But for elderly is not.
sometimes i really wonder when the overhead bridge next to the church is built, has someone taken for granted that only young people stays around punggol area?
what if in 40 years' time and how are we able to cross?
Confuz

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2007, 10:01:49 AM »

P.S.  The distance between the traffic lights at both ends seems extremely far apart.
Basically we are relying on those not taking trains to improve train efficiencies, those not taking buses to propose bus arrival time visibility, those not using overhead bridges to design and build bridges...haiz..
IMO, the overhead bridges beside church shld be changed to traffic lights instead.
shorten the road also might help reduce speeding problem along it..
Alaska

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2007, 10:04:31 AM »

can't have too many traffic lights too. Not even walk 20 steps, traffic lights. Very peck jek you know.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: