Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 01, 2024, 06:55:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Noisy and 'Violent' neighbour  (Read 8601 times)
Mikel

Ignore
« on: July 30, 2006, 09:33:57 AM »

One of my neighbours scolds his daughter or the brother scolds the same poor girl very frequently.  It usually starts with scoldings, the girls defends herself.  Sometimes, it ended up with the father beats the girl while she screams and cry.  A few times, it escalates to door slamming.  Imagine waking up to the sound of door slamming at 2am!!!  It usually gets so loud that I can hear clearly the 4-letter words that sprout from the father/brother's mouth, the reasons why she gets scolded and I can't stand her whiny tone!  Sometimes, I get very worried that she will just end up jumping out of the window one fine day ...

What should I do?   crying  Should I call the police the next time things get 'violent'?  Wonder why their immediate neighbours didn't call for police?  Huh?

Advertisement

barney

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2006, 10:33:55 AM »

may i know how old is the girl? does this incident happens frequently? how frequent?
keep a look out for child abuse...

One of my neighbours scolds his daughter or the brother scolds the same poor girl very frequently.  It usually starts with scoldings, the girls defends herself.  Sometimes, it ended up with the father beats the girl while she screams and cry.  A few times, it escalates to door slamming.  Imagine waking up to the sound of door slamming at 2am!!!  It usually gets so loud that I can hear clearly the 4-letter words that sprout from the father/brother's mouth, the reasons why she gets scolded and I can't stand her whiny tone!  Sometimes, I get very worried that she will just end up jumping out of the window one fine day ...

What should I do?   crying  Should I call the police the next time things get 'violent'?  Wonder why their immediate neighbours didn't call for police?  Huh?
kochmeister

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2006, 10:44:41 AM »

I guess you could try but I doubt the police can do much unless the girl files a police report against her own family. Think they will just classify it as domestic disturbance unless she gets physically hurt in a bad way....
kochmeister

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2006, 10:46:12 AM »

Yeah barney's right..... I had assumed the it's an older girl. If it's a young child, then it may be a child abuse case.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: