Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
April 25, 2024, 08:25:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Maids  (Read 9807 times)
Angel

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2006, 04:50:43 AM »

would like to highlight some sightings of Maids with baby-tow chatting happily with foreign workers at supermarkets in the day.
It seems they are not buying any thing, just strolling along the shelves, at the corner, chatting.

If i''m the employer, i will be very concern.

~my 2 cents worth of comments

Just a thought --maybe the next time you see them, you can help take a photo and post here so that the employers can be alerted  8)

Advertisement

lwteyu

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2006, 05:38:52 AM »

would like to highlight some sightings of Maids with baby-tow chatting happily with foreign workers at supermarkets in the day.
It seems they are not buying any thing, just strolling along the shelves, at the corner, chatting.

If i''m the employer, i will be very concern.

~my 2 cents worth of comments

Just a thought --maybe the next time you see them, you can help take a photo and post here so that the employers can be alerted  8)

errr...hemm.....
Just to be fair .... maids are also human.
I understand the frustration on some maid....
(Been having maid from young at mum's home til now change at least >15 maids already over the years)
It the end it all comes down to self discipline.
They came here to work for us, so treat them with respect too.
(just like we work for a company, the company don't ""OWN" us)

So simple just lay down your "rules" and hope for the best.
Installing CCTV sound a bit extreme.
If the maid is not to your satisfaction just change another one loh.

trust me after seeing so many maid change at my mums place, There isn't one that fits my mums expectation.
In the end, just have to be contented with some flaws thats all, none is perfect.

That is why now employing maid philosophy changed already.
We believe more in training and communication with the new maid and lays down the house rules.
My mums will train everything and  houserules, after 2 months if still not acceptable --- CHANGED!!!

Peace@Punggol

Its a Bird Its a Plane Its.......Peace@Man

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2006, 06:17:07 AM »

I agreed with Iwetyu. They are called Foreign DOmestic worker (FDW) not your slave. Do give them respect as well lah. Imagine if you are in their shoe, how wld you feel that my employer is having a 24/7 surveilance over me, where got privacy.

Probably the worried by the employer, which i can comprehend, wld be that the FDW get involved in a r/ship with some male bangla/filipino man than she got pregnant and in the end cry mother/father. The other wld be the employer scare they mixed with the old bird FDW that teach them the wrong things to go against the employer thus they are badly influence and give you even more stress and trouble.

I think mutual r/ship is very impt which takes time and effort to build can always turst the bio-data of the employment agency they are like those 2nd hand car salesman know how to boast how gd the car is but inside the hood the engine is badly damage. The salesman just want to earn your $$$ likewise the agency. 
jlim

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2006, 10:53:36 AM »

Latest : maid left home with 1 yrs+ girl.

Remember: your kids are in their hands.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: