Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 08, 2024, 07:44:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Leaking Walls  (Read 4604 times)
bernie

Ignore
« on: January 30, 2007, 09:53:51 AM »

Just checking how many other residents having the same problem.

Earlier this year we had a spell of heavy rain. It was then that I discovered a hairline crack in one of the walls in my room (I live in Blk 174D). The rainwater had leaked in and seeped into my laminate flooring and skirting. I only noticed the leak because the laminate material had started to bloat and became discoloured. As I discovered the leak on a Saturday, I couldn't do anything until the work week started. No choice - had to limit the damage by ripping off 2 floorboards and tearing up the affected skirting, and thereafter contain the leak by putting rags near the area to soak up whatever rainwater was leaking in (fortunately was more a gradual trickle than a gush). I called the town council the following Tuesday (was tied up with work on Monday) who sent someone down 2 days later. They inspected the outside of the adjacent window sill (using a mirror) and found a crack below the sill, which probably was the cause of the leakage. However, the technical officer told me they couldn't send someone over to repair because apparently there were quite a few similar cases that were "more serious" and required urgent attention. As of today (30 Jan '07), still no news on when the repairs can be done  (leak reported on 16 Mar). In addition, I had queried the technical officer on compensation for the damaged flooring, to which the initial reply was that I should have waited until they came to inspect before tearing up the floorboard. I retorted that the leak was discovered on a weekend, futhermore they took 2 days to arrange for someone to inspect the wall, and all these days it was raining heavily. Had I waited for them to come ande inspect, the damage would have been far more extensive. He then asked me to write in and I did so via email on 19 Jan '07. After week there was still no reply so I sent a reminder on 29 Jan '07. The technical guy called on 30 Jan '07. He didn't offer any apologies for lack of reply to my earlier messafe but instead proceeded to ask me what time on 13 Jan '07 I had discovered the leak. When I asked him why he just said it was because he needed to complete a form for the incident. Flabbergasted. Anyway gave him an approximate time so as not to further delay his submission (and my repair). Not a mention of the compensation issue. Anyone out there with a similar experience? If there is some critical mass then I would consider taking names and going to see our MP about this. Suggest you drop me an email with your contact and details of your experience. I can be reached at ben_foo@yahoo.com. It's time to get organized and make something happen.

Advertisement

koko51sg

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 12:43:34 PM »

oh dear, sorry to hear to that since CNY is round the corner.  Better ask them what they are going to do abt it and pressure them to get it done before CNY.
Fire76

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 02:07:10 PM »

I experienced this before, but lucky for me is that it happened during the time when i have just collected the key.
Yes it take donkey year for the HDB/TC to response to my complaints.
What i did was, after the first inspection with the property manager from TC, the site manager and a contractor for the flooring. I took the HP number of the site manager, so i called them directly (bypass HDB/TC). All the complaints and jobs can be traced directly with the manager. Furthermore it was sooooo diffcult to get the property manager in charge.
I remember i read some complaints somewhere in this forum where you email to the TC/HDB/MP, then must copy it to the PM office.
seems to me it was effective.
tom

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2007, 02:26:58 AM »

The whole world knows we had the best AIRPORT, best SEAPORT, best BIOTECH SETUPS, best in many many other things. BUT , BUT, when it comes to small little things like filling up a small hole, mending a small gap in our flats , the time they will take is as long as maybe building a new block of flat in Punggol. What a nightmare ! mad
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: