Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 09, 2024, 03:32:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How "far" can a MP help?  (Read 43822 times)
PowerPuffGirl

My Precious Love

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: October 03, 2006, 11:14:26 AM »

can someone cut out the article by Mah Bow Tan saying that if there is enough population, they may develop a town centre? Save it for me, I will collect it from you.

I am going to use it 5 years later to question him and our MPs if that does not materialise.  I say it and I mean it.  I didnt get to vote for Punggol this election so if there is contest the next GE,this is exactly what I am going to do.

U ve 1 point fr me

Advertisement

Fire76

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: October 03, 2006, 11:19:08 AM »

can someone cut out the article by Mah Bow Tan saying that if there is enough population, they may develop a town centre? Save it for me, I will collect it from you.

I am going to use it 5 years later to question him and our MPs if that does not materialise.  I say it and I mean it.  I didnt get to vote for Punggol this election so if there is contest the next GE,this is exactly what I am going to do.

You toking about this???

Sep 24, 2006
Punggol town centre likely to take shape in 4 years: Mah

THE Housing Board is offering for sale about 3,000 Build-To-Order (BTO) flats this year and another 3,000 to 4,000 flats next year in the Sengkang and Punggol areas.

This would build up critical mass quickly for the HDB to start developing Punggol Town Centre, Minister for National Development Mah Bow Tan said yesterday.

Said Mr Mah: 'We are concentrating on BTO projects in and around the (Punggol) town centre. As these projects are completed and people start to move in, then we will start to develop the town centre.'

He added that if the take-up rate of the BTO flats continues at the current pace, it would take another four to five years for the town centre to develop.

The BTO scheme was first launched in April 2001 as a result of changing demand patterns for new flats over the years. Under the scheme, construction begins only when the majority of flats in a project, say about 70 per cent, are taken up.

Speaking to the media after a party for the first BTO project in Rivervale Crescent in Sengkang yesterday, Mr Mah said the BTO scheme has helped to stabilise the oversupply of new flats.

Under the old system, flats were built based on the number of people in the queue for flats. But some applicants changed their minds after the flats were built and left the queue, leaving the flats unsold.

At its peak, there were some 20,000 unsold flats. About 5,000 to 6,000 unsold flats are still available.

The first BTO project in Sengkang was completed in May last year. It has 776 four- and five-room flats in seven blocks.

Since the pilot BTO launch, the HDB has successfully introduced 15 other sites at various locations in Sengkang, Punggol and the city area.

mysticryan

Live life to the FULLEST!!!

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: October 03, 2006, 12:00:55 PM »

Another TOK BIG MP...!!! Is he the one that cannot speak proper mandrian???
Alaska

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: October 03, 2006, 06:05:48 PM »

fire76, you deserve 1pt from me. I'll print that too.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: