Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
April 27, 2024, 06:55:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 58   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dont we have anything GOOD to say about Punggol, this place we call home?  (Read 86939 times)
sunshineliv

Ignore
« on: July 17, 2006, 10:56:36 AM »

Folks, if you have noticed, there isnt a single topic under "Community Issues" which is about something good about this place you call home.  Dont you guys think its so sad? I mean, we all chose to live in this place we now call home.  Nobody put a gun to our head and asked us to buy it.  When you decided to buy a flat in Punggol, you must have done your homework, walked around the neighbourhood etc and noticed that we dont have that many amenities here. Yes, although the topic description here says "What do you want to see in Punggol; problems with neighbours; suggestions on improvements; feedback; problems that should be fixed", surely there are things about our neighbourhood that are of worthy mention?

In my personal opinion, I think its pretty sad to browse through every topic here, only to realise that many dont have anything good about this place you actually chose to be your home.  Granted, there are still a lot of amenities we lack and room for improvement but surely there must be something great as well?

I personally (I repeat, personally) feel its quite pathetic that we have endless complaints, even about the elderly folks who are actively trying to find something here to do. Yes their music may be loud but cant we be more accomodating? How about the times that perhaps your child cried non stop or if that your pet barked throughout the night and could possibly had disturbed the neighbours as well?

Why is it that we cant have the kampung way of living like some of you have mentioned? Thats because we dont really have the spirit to start with. I guess I am lucky to have very friendly and kind neighbours. My hubby and I extended the invitation to our wedding dinner to our future neighbours then and they all turned up, even though we did not officially move in to our place before the wedding.

For a start, I love the fact I can see people jogging around the area, flying kites freely on the green fields or people just walking their dogs in the open spaces.  There is still so much to explore around the area and despite the fact that it is inaccessible and inconvenient, I still love this place I live in.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2006, 11:03:04 AM by sunshineliv » Logged

Advertisement

jlim

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2006, 11:09:58 AM »

I was under the 'RFS' system, waited for 3 yrs to select the flat, waited another 3 yrs+ to get the key. there wasn't anything to see in punggol.
all we could see was the sceneric pics and future developments from the booklet. (I like the greenery). and it's our 3rd yr here.
Love the sound of the planes, construction works, the mould, the creepy crawlies (nature studies for my kids), the dog poos, the car/bike racings, the food, etc... Grin  Grin  Grin

rxhxn

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2006, 07:07:24 PM »

Yes...I have 2 good neighbours who months back have a baby girl each..so cute...they are friendly...sometimes when we met each other to go to work we would ask how's everything..or when we met by chance outside we would say hellos and having small talks....
piglet

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2006, 11:42:45 PM »

Love ....
the peaceful & clean environment
the greenerys
the Big blue sky
Nice gardens
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 58   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: