Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 09, 2024, 12:53:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] Do YOU want to learn close-up/Professional Magic tricks??  (Read 2124 times)
gnolard

Ignore
« on: October 05, 2009, 09:54:06 AM »

Born to Perform Card Magic with Oz Pearlman (DVD)

For movie trailer:
http://www.penguinmagic.com/images/wm.gif

The Effect

Learning card magic is like building a house. Everything starts with a strong foundation of basic building blocks.

This DVD will start you at the beginning of card magic and take you to a working professional?s level. You'll progress faster than ever before by focusing on the most powerful moves. This is a complete course in card magic without the filler. There's no reason to spend hundreds of dollars buying a set of 3 or 8 or 10 DVDs when you can learn the core skills (the ones that get used over and over again in thousands of tricks) on one DVD. This is that DVD.

By the time you're finished you?ll have learned 4 full-length routines--including the Ambitious Card. You'll have mastered the fundamentals, learned seven of the most powerful and practical controls (including the Classic Pass), developed two high-powered forces and picked up eight ultra-visual flourishes.

This isn?t an encyclopedia... it?s an arsenal. All of the most powerful weapons of card magic are included.

Once you?ve mastered these key moves you?ll be able to perform anytime, anywhere, with just a regular deck of cards. Imagine how it?s going to feel to have that power to entertain. This is a technology that changes you. It?s like riding a bike, learning a new language, or flying an airplane. It?s freedom... with a deck of cards.

Fundamentals:

* Mechanic?s Grip
    * Biddle Grip
    * Pinky Break
    * Thumb Break
    * Dribble to Secure a Break
    * Swing Cut
    * Swivel Cut
    * Double Lift
    * Top Palm

Routines:

* Ultimate Transpo
    * Two Card Monte
    * Biddle Trick
    * Ambitious Card

Controls:

* Classic Pass
    * Hindu Shuffle Pass
    * Double Undercut
    * One Handed Top Palm
    * Elmsley Count
    * Spread Cull
    * Swing Swivel Cut

Forces:

* Hindu Shuffle
    * Riffle Shuffle

Flourishes:

* 2 Handed Thumb Fan
    * Le Paul Spread
    * Springing the Cards
    * Erdnase Color Change
    * One Handed Thumb Fan
    * Hot Shot Cut [Daryl]
    * Pendulum Cut [Hooser]
    * Trinary Cut [Acer]

OZ (Quote from Penguin Magic Discussion Forum)

"This DVD is NOT just for beginners. I feel that is a large misconception. I feel that you can always continue to learn and advance in your magic, and I go beyond just the moves on this DVD. The moment you think you are too good to learn more is when your magic suffers. And there is nothing more important than the basics; the foundations upon which all else is built. Learning more and more advanced sleights helps add to your arsenal. But without a solid foundation of sleights that feel and appear natural, not just to you but to everyone watching, as well as strong psychology to milk every ounce of astonishment out of the effects you choose to perform - THAT is what differentiates a guy who does some tricks, from a true magician in the eyes of your audience (the only eyes that count might I add).

The effects taught on the DVD are not new or original. However, the methods and psychology I teach differ from many out there. I focus entirely on the effect....on the MAGIC, and not on the moves. The routines appear seamless, and to the spectator it is as if you have done nothing, and yet magic occurred right there in their own hands.

The psychology is meant to disarm the spectator and create peak moments of misdirection, where you perform the sleights with ease and invisibility. It also emphasizes the effect, and not the technique. Instead of your spectators saying "ohhh he has really quick hands", they will have wide eyes, and gaspingly state "BUT he never touched my hands, the cards CHANGED in my own hands while I was holding them!" etc. The difference is subtle, but that difference is what creates the truly magical moments for your audience.

On a final note - with all the fancy moves and knucklebusting moves I have learned over the years since being bit by the magic bug, when somebody hands me a pack of cards and says do a trick, this is it. You will see me performing one of these 4 effects, in any situation, as they are that strong." -- Oz Pearlman, Born to Perform.

PRICE: SGD$15
BY POST ONLY.
POSTAGE FREE.
STRICTLY NO MEET UP.
All enquiries, pls email to gnolard@yahoo.com.sg
Thanx for reading.

Advertisement

gnolard

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2009, 09:54:50 AM »

Torn - Daniel Garcia [DVD]

For movie trailer:
http://www.magicshop.ch/videoclips/torn.php
or
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZeUur_uCP8

In the basement of a seedy Las Vegas hotel, Daniel Garcia slowly touched two pieces of a torn playing card together. Achingly slowly, with no cover, he let go of one of the pieces and the card was restored! Paul Harris shook his head and softly muttered "If this kid is not using some kind of sticky substance, he owns me." Daniel restored the third and fourth pieces in equally miraculous ways and handed Paul the card....no sticky substance! In lieu of Paul's mortal soul, Daniel agreed to let Paul get Torn out to the world. It really is the next great leap forward in this piece-by-piece restoration. Totally practical and even more magical than the original TV-only version With this DVD and a little work, you'll have a breathtaking magical effect you can do anywhere with any freely selected signed card.

Torn didn't just astonish Paul Harris. Daniel has owned just about every magician he has come across, and for sure every laymen he's shown the effect. Daniel Garcia's "Torn" is a must for anyone who wants to perform a truly miraculous piece-by-piece restoration.

BY POST ONLY.
POSTAGE FREE.
STRICTLY NO MEET UP.
Thanx for reading.

gnolard

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2009, 09:55:33 AM »

Warp One - David Jenkins [DVD]

For movie trailer:

Warp One is a completely re-wired version of Roy Walton's classic Card Warp. The big news? David removes the cover card and performs the entire illusion in full view!

* NO EXTRA PIECES!
    * NOTHING TO PALM OR SWITCH!
    * NO GIMMICKS!

Warp One uses a single card from a normal deck... held out at the very tips of your fingers.

You fold the card in half then simply wave your fingers over the card, and the single card visibly turns inside out: First half the card, then the other half (both sides are shown), then the card turns completely inside out and then back to half and half.

Each stunning visual change happens with a single normal card held at the tips of your fingers!

You end with the classic Roy Walton ending by tearing the warped card in half and handing out the pieces for examination.

David Ren Jenkins' Warp One is a visual treat. The moves are completely invisible. The handling is a downright joy to perform.

All you need is a single card and your bare fingers to permanently warp your audience's reality.

Includes David's special handling for restoring the card.

THE FINGERS MAKE NO MOVEMENTS OTHER THAN A GENTLE WAVING ACTION!

Special Features:

* Multiple Camera Angles (including your point of view)
    * Alternate Ending (David's method for restoring the torn card)
    * Pre-show (how to bring the card into play)
    * Warp ONE inc. (using a business card)
    * Paul Harris presents trailer

Running Time Approximately 39min

BY POST ONLY.
POSTAGE FREE.
STRICTLY NO MEET UP.
Thanx for reading.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: